Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend talks about babies and marriage! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all ive been with my boyfriend not even a year yet, its a year in january. Every day he talks about how we are gonna get married and have two kids and he thinks about this when we arent together. Im 23 in final year of uni and want a career first, but another thing that annoys me is that he proposed to his ex a few years ago and i dont think he will propose to me anytime soon because of this. I am getting impatient and want a ring now or i feel like getting rid, what do i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katenworb)
    I am getting impatient and want a ring now or i feel like getting rid,
    Moans about boyfriend going too fast.. then moans about not going fast enough. Poor guy can't win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katenworb)
    Hi all ive been with my boyfriend not even a year yet, its a year in january. Every day he talks about how we are gonna get married and have two kids and he thinks about this when we arent together. Im 23 in final year of uni and want a career first, but another thing that annoys me is that he proposed to his ex a few years ago and i dont think he will propose to me anytime soon because of this. I am getting impatient and want a ring now or i feel like getting rid, what do i do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So:
    - you get annoyed when he talked about you both getting married and having kids
    and
    - you get annoyed that he hasn't proposed to you

Didn't you say that you want a career first?

ReputationRep:
    being a mother is a career

ReputationRep:
    The mixed messages coming from OP are surreal.

- So you've been with your boyfriend for not even a year yet. You make it sound like you're astounded that he even thinks about such things considering that length of time. This is exacerbated by your second statement of him thinking about the future constantly when you're not around.
    - You want a career first. Fair enough.
    - But you're contemplating getting rid of him if he doesn't give you a ring soon (which throws into doubt everything you've previously stated in the OP).

Yes it's perfectly possible to be married and focus on your career, but if you give him one thing (marriage) he'll soon start wanting to put the finishing touches to his "plan" (babies) which, unless he's planning on being the stay-at-home parent, makes it rather difficult for you to focus on a career, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like OP wants marriage but no babies.

At any rate OP, the guy wants you to sire his genetic heirs.. There can be no greater complement for a woman.

Put aside your desire for a career and have a family first.

ReputationRep:
    I have problems of my own i know..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I dont want babies as of yet but i want a career but im jealous that his ex has his ring still and well should i be in a relationship at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Gentleman)
    One line flows I got some of those.
    This is actually the most appropriate response in this thread.

OP's post is inane and self-contradictory. Should not be taken seriously.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Have you talked to him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    This is actually the most appropriate response in this thread.

OP's post is inane and self-contradictory. Should not be taken seriously.
    How about get off this conversation !!

ReputationRep:
    OP, if you actually reply to the people who pointed out the contradiction and explain what you meant, you'll likely get some helpful replies. But you're ignoring them and being passive-aggressive to others, which means people are less likely to help you.

Don't overestimate how long and invulnerable fertility is. A lot of modern women have done that.

ReputationRep:
    Why not talk to him about it ? Its not really a big deal is it your in a relationship anyway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.