Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clinton Cards Christmas Temp interview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I have an interview tomorrow as a xmas temp for Clinton Cards. This is basically my first face to face interview (I've had a group interview before for John Lewis) so I'm really nervous. I really want to get my first job! Could anyone tell me what kind of questions to expect? And does anyone know the hourly pay for a 17 yr old?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 right now and I get paid £6.50 at GAME, for an interview it really is about being yourself. You're nervous because this is important to you, don't sweat it, if you need to don't let them see your hands (put them under the table or something) if you want to fidget with them there. Ask them questions like what they can do for you and how employees can benefit from being with this company and remember to answer the question straight to the point, private message me if you need any more info

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordwinOfficial)
    I'm 17 right now and I get paid £6.50 at GAME, for an interview it really is about being yourself. You're nervous because this is important to you, don't sweat it, if you need to don't let them see your hands (put them under the table or something) if you want to fidget with them there. Ask them questions like what they can do for you and how employees can benefit from being with this company and remember to answer the question straight to the point, private message me if you need any more info
    Cheers for the reply, I'm gonna try let the nerves not get the best of me. Praying I do well tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenmath)
    Cheers for the reply, I'm gonna try let the nerves not get the best of me. Praying I do well tomorrow!
    I've never worked at Clinton Cards before but I know a few people who have and they're just ordinary kids like myself; not super popular, rich or with the most amazing qualifications and grades, just a person who is willing.

The most desired skills from any retail employer is communication, customer service and willingness.

1. Communication - "They say communication saves relations" you've probably heard that before, you already know us humans communicate and have to in order to gain what we need. It's simple and obvious that it's important to them
    2. Customer service - Their business exists because of their idea to make and sell cards but is maintained by the general public who buy their cards, if you serve them well and show you can, they'll like not just you but the atmosphere of the store and are likely to come back and buy more
    3. Willingness - "One who won't cook shouldn't cook". If you really want to do it and you really want to do it well, you will. An employer can see your willingness to work for them, earn money and help the business and they want to hear that in your voice and your speech.

Show them what you've got!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordwinOfficial)
    I've never worked at Clinton Cards before but I know a few people who have and they're just ordinary kids like myself; not super popular, rich or with the most amazing qualifications and grades, just a person who is willing.

The most desired skills from any retail employer is communication, customer service and willingness.

1. Communication - "They say communication saves relations" you've probably heard that before, you already know us humans communicate and have to in order to gain what we need. It's simple and obvious that it's important to them
    2. Customer service - Their business exists because of their idea to make and sell cards but is maintained by the general public who buy their cards, if you serve them well and show you can, they'll like not just you but the atmosphere of the store and are likely to come back and buy more
    3. Willingness - "One who won't cook shouldn't cook". If you really want to do it and you really want to do it well, you will. An employer can see your willingness to work for them, earn money and help the business and they want to hear that in your voice and your speech.

Show them what you've got!
    I had the interview this morning, it last for about 10 mins and I should hear back in a few days. Your points were very useful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenmath)
    I had the interview this morning, it last for about 10 mins and I should hear back in a few days. Your points were very useful!
    Great great (I would ask you what questions they asked but it's all in the past isn't it) I hope you get the job though, tell me the results when they get back to you!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.