OCR Chemistry B (Salters) Watch

annapeeeee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In year 11 and having to choice my options.
School I'm looking at offers Salters?? Is this good? Is it any different to the other exam boards.
tepeon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All I really know is that most places Ive seen prefer Chemistry A. Sorry I cant be of more help
annapeeeee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
thanks
do you know why???
samuel230a
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm currently studying the new salters course and i really enjoy it. The only difference between ocr a and ocr b (salters) is the b spec is a "context" led approach rather than a "content" led approach meaning you learn chemistry within the "story lines" which are like how the chemistry relates to the world. The content between a and b is pretty much the same from what I've seen i use the ocr a textbook sometimes aswell as my normal one and i find a lot of the content is exactly the same. The only real disadvantage to salters is that its not widely taken so there arn't a huge amount of resources out there but i defininatly wouldn't recommend picking your 6th form or college because of the exam board as to be honest it doesn't make much of a difference all specs have they're advantages and disadvantages. Another fab thing about salters is that because its context lead you end up coming back to the same chemistry again and again in each storyline adding more knowledge making revision a lot easyer rather than learning everything about catalysis all at once it and then not coming back to it really again. Hope this helps and sorry for any awful spelling mistakes in this I'm rushing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise