Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does it look bad on me to withdraw from 2 out of 5 of my choices? watch

ReputationRep:
    5 Choices >>> all have invited me for an interview.
    I have my top 3 (UoC, Edge Hill, Chester) and the other two were, to be honest, my fillers so that I could submit the application. UoC have also offered me a conditional place! so I have one of my top 3 in the bag (well, until exam results day).
    Thing is - I already withdrew from one of the filler choices because it's about seven hours away and is tbh too far. That showed up on my ucas straight away. I want to withdraw from the other one and just attend my other top choice interviews but I don't want it to look bad on me from the perspective of the other universities/affect my application to them at all. Could I please have some advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaekyri)
    I have my top 3 (UoC, Edge Hill, Chester) and the other two were, to be honest, my fillers so that I could submit the application. UoC have also offered me a conditional place! so I have one of my top 3 in the bag (well, until exam results day).
    Thing is - I already withdrew from one of the filler choices because it's about seven hours away and is tbh too far. That showed up on my ucas straight away. I want to withdraw from the other one and just attend my other top choice interviews but I don't want it to look bad on me from the perspective of the other universities/affect my application to them at all. Could I please have some advice?
    The universities that you had applied will not know where you've applied, and do not really care.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think the unis can actually see your ucas page so they would never know what is happening with your other choices.

ReputationRep:
    So you can withdraw from more than 1? Ive been told otherwise but i didnt think it was strictly the case that you could only withdraw one

X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    So you can withdraw from more than 1? Ive been told otherwise but i didnt think it was strictly the case that you could only withdraw one
    No, it's your choice where you want to go to. But, tes, you can withdraw to as many Universities as you like, even more than 3, if you wish to. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    No, it's your choice where you want to go to. But, tes, you can withdraw to as many Universities as you like, even more than 3, if you wish to. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks
    I thought it made no sense for them only to allow you to withdraw from just one, surely they cant force you to wait for offers
    Dont think id withdraw from anywhere though unless it gets rediculous waiting for an offer from my 5th choice or something

ReputationRep:
    Unis can only see where your other choices/responses/decisions after you've made you Firm choice.

If you have no intention of going to the other choices, then you should Withdraw, and sooner rather than later. That way those Unis can make offers to people who actually want to go there.

My only warning would be to make VERY certain you have a realistic Insurance choice before you dump the other choices - because you cannot get them back, whatever happens between now and next September.

Lots of TSR advice hereabout making Firm & Insurance choices: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    Thanks
    I thought it made no sense for them only to allow you to withdraw from just one, surely they cant force you to wait for offers
    Dont think id withdraw from anywhere though unless it gets rediculous waiting for an offer from my 5th choice or something
    You're welcome. They can't force you to. Yes, do wait it out for now, think about your choices before making a final decision. I wish you the best on whatever decision you decide to take!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately everyone discards or is discarded from at least four choices.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.