The Student Room Group

Does it look bad on me to withdraw from 2 out of 5 of my choices?

5 Choices >>> all have invited me for an interview.
I have my top 3 (UoC, Edge Hill, Chester) and the other two were, to be honest, my fillers so that I could submit the application. UoC have also offered me a conditional place! so I have one of my top 3 in the bag (well, until exam results day).
Thing is - I already withdrew from one of the filler choices because it's about seven hours away and is tbh too far. That showed up on my ucas straight away. I want to withdraw from the other one and just attend my other top choice interviews but I don't want it to look bad on me from the perspective of the other universities/affect my application to them at all. Could I please have some advice? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by vaekyri
I have my top 3 (UoC, Edge Hill, Chester) and the other two were, to be honest, my fillers so that I could submit the application. UoC have also offered me a conditional place! so I have one of my top 3 in the bag (well, until exam results day).
Thing is - I already withdrew from one of the filler choices because it's about seven hours away and is tbh too far. That showed up on my ucas straight away. I want to withdraw from the other one and just attend my other top choice interviews but I don't want it to look bad on me from the perspective of the other universities/affect my application to them at all. Could I please have some advice? :smile:

The universities that you had applied will not know where you've applied, and do not really care.
Original post by vaekyri

Don't think the unis can actually see your ucas page so they would never know what is happening with your other choices.
So you can withdraw from more than 1? Ive been told otherwise but i didnt think it was strictly the case that you could only withdraw one

Original post by vaekyri
X
Reply 4
Original post by BekahMay
So you can withdraw from more than 1? Ive been told otherwise but i didnt think it was strictly the case that you could only withdraw one

No, it's your choice where you want to go to. But, tes, you can withdraw to as many Universities as you like, even more than 3, if you wish to. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanny17
No, it's your choice where you want to go to. But, tes, you can withdraw to as many Universities as you like, even more than 3, if you wish to. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it made no sense for them only to allow you to withdraw from just one, surely they cant force you to wait for offers :smile:
Dont think id withdraw from anywhere though unless it gets rediculous waiting for an offer from my 5th choice or something :smile:
Unis can only see where your other choices/responses/decisions after you've made you Firm choice.

If you have no intention of going to the other choices, then you should Withdraw, and sooner rather than later. That way those Unis can make offers to people who actually want to go there.

My only warning would be to make VERY certain you have a realistic Insurance choice before you dump the other choices - because you cannot get them back, whatever happens between now and next September.

Lots of TSR advice hereabout making Firm & Insurance choices: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices
Reply 7
Original post by BekahMay
I thought it made no sense for them only to allow you to withdraw from just one, surely they cant force you to wait for offers :smile:
Dont think id withdraw from anywhere though unless it gets rediculous waiting for an offer from my 5th choice or something :smile:

You're welcome. :smile: They can't force you to. Yes, do wait it out for now, think about your choices before making a final decision. I wish you the best on whatever decision you decide to take! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ultimately everyone discards or is discarded from at least four choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending