The Student Room Group

viginal thrush not clearing

I have viginal thrush since september and its not going. I have been to the gp twice and she has given me thrush tablets, I have also used canesten cream. It keeps coming back.
Has anyone been through this situation?
Original post by Minaalmirza
I have viginal thrush since september and its not going. I have been to the gp twice and she has given me thrush tablets, I have also used canesten cream. It keeps coming back.
Has anyone been through this situation?

I also suffer from this problem quite a lot. There is a spray you can get by Salcura Skincare called Cooling Spray Formula, in the Topida range. It's used to treat vaginal thrush, but you can use it for oral thrush as well as it's made of natural ingredients. Although I haven't used it yet for either of those purposes, I have used it on my eczema and it quickly and effectively stopped the itching from that, so hopefully it would work just as well for the itching of thrush too. I also find that antihistamines help to stop the itching and pain from thrush.

I hope it goes away for you soon :smile:
1) Do you have a sexual partner, if u do he needs to be treated (he may carry, but not show signs). Do u use condoms? (allergy to latex)
2) Do you have hot baths with soaps? New body wash? Soaps can irritate and cause thrush
3) Do have have signs of diabetes? Tiredness, thirst, blurred vision, peeing a lot? Diabetes can increase sugar in urine leading to thrush.
4) Are you sure its thrush? If you are, take 1 thrush tablet 7 days apart for 3 weeks. It might take more than one blast to kill it off.
5) If that fails, try natural live yoghurt to rebalance vaginal environment.
6) If that still fails, you might be one of those unfortunate pple who get recurrent thrush for no reason.

Quick Reply

Latest