Turn on thread page Beta

Puskas Award 2015: Best Goal watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which goal is the best?
    David Ball
    10.00%
    Gonzalo Castro
    10.00%
    Alessandro Florenzi
    0%
    Wendell Lira
    10.00%
    Carli Lloyd
    0%
    Lionel Messi
    50.00%
    Philippe Mexes
    0%
    Marcel Ndjeng
    10.00%
    Esteban Ramírez
    10.00%
    Carlos Tevez
    0%

ReputationRep:
    http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

I think Wendell Lira. But Messi will probably win it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    **** goalkeeping does not a great goal make (Lloyd's).

I'd go for Ndjeng, or Castro. Both's technique was sublime.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same, and also like when Charlie Adam scored vs Chelsea, for me it takes a bit of the glamour away when the keeper manages to get a hand to the shot.

ReputationRep:
    David Ball's goal looks like the ball takes a deflection to loop up over the keeper?

ReputationRep:
    Messi the GOAT must win

ReputationRep:
    How come Lamela's rabona goal isn't there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    How come Lamela's rabona goal isn't there?
    Dunno, similar last year, there were about five Ibrahimovic goals that could have been on the shortlist and yet none of them were.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney vs CSKA
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    That Roma one is a great bit of vision, but I expect more from the best goals of the year. They have to be more aesthetically pleasing.

ReputationRep:
    Leo vs Bayern gets my vote.

ReputationRep:
    One of Ronaldo's.

ReputationRep:
    It's Messi's, because no other player in the world could have scored it. The skill, pace and control to score that is possessed by less than a handful of players in history.

Florenzi beat the keeper from a long way out, but he did it at full speed, having sprinted past two men. He didn't stop or slow down. It's much more than your typical lob the keeper goal. Ndjeng's was amazing too tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey vs Gala. Pretty sure it should be up for this seasons award?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Ramsey vs Gala. Pretty sure it should be up for this seasons award?
    Can't remember the goal fully, I remember the shot, but the criteria states it cannot be the result of a defensive mistake. Maybe that's why. Should be in there though.

On the Messi goal, I think I've been spoilt by Messi, because I've seen him score that goal about 50 times. I just like the Lira goal, good team move, killer ball and a ridiculous finish. Worthy winner for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Can't remember the goal fully, I remember the shot, but the criteria states it cannot be the result of a defensive mistake. Maybe that's why. Should be in there though.

On the Messi goal, I think I've been spoilt by Messi, because I've seen him score that goal about 50 times. I just like the Lira goal, good team move, killer ball and a ridiculous finish. Worthy winner for me.
    There was no defensive error, ball was cleared from a corner and he's banged it in from 30 yards. Thee thought of it is going me a semi ffs it was that good.

ReputationRep:
    There was no defensive error, ball was cleared from a corner and he's banged it in from 30 yards. Thee thought of it is going me a semi ffs it was that good.
    That is probably why. I thought this when Ibrahimovic's goal vs Anderlecht wasn't included last year.

Actually, I've just remembered that Ndjeng's is a similar type of goal. **** knows, should be in it.

Go and read the criteria on the FIFA website though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    That is probably why. I thought this when Ibrahimovic's goal vs Anderlecht wasn't included last year.

Actually, I've just remembered that Ndjeng's is a similar type of goal. **** knows, should be in it.

Go and read the criteria on the FIFA website though.
    Maybe, but Charlie Llyods goal was ****, **** **** **** keeping. Really **** keeper. Yet hers is on there mainly because she's female. Makes me sick tbh

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but Charlie Llyods goal was ****, **** **** **** keeping. Really **** keeper. Yet hers is on there mainly because she's female. Makes me sick tbh
    Yeah that's clearly the main reason (and also it was in FIFA's competition). Why should that be included over Charlie Adam's one vs Chelsea? Adam's goal was from further out and scored against a better goalkeeper in a more difficult competition.

ReputationRep:
    The Japan keeper was about 5'2 ffs
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ndjengs is an absolute belter - got to be his.

Just a shame this came too late to be a contender: https://streamable.com/zrje - great move to open up the defence and what a dummy to fool the keeper.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.