Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What passing comments really annoy you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Often, people take time to stop me in the street to say rude and aggressive things to me. I have no idea why and it is very upsetting. I've been called a "******" and a "****ing queer". When people walking side by side on a narrow pavement won't step behind one another to let you past and expect you to just disappear or throw yourself into the road so as not to disturb them. I try to stop, move to one side and let them walk around me, but they still mutter how rude I am. Why can't people mind their own business!

ReputationRep:
    People in general irritate me, passing comments just make them more loathsome. Thankfully I look like I'd have no problems throwing someone under a bus, so most people refrain from uttering judgemental comments within earshot :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    Often, people take time to stop me in the street to say rude and aggressive things to me. I have no idea why and it is very upsetting. I've been called a "******" and a "****ing queer". When people walking side by side on a narrow pavement won't step behind one another to let you past and expect you to just disappear or throw yourself into the road so as not to disturb them. I try to stop, move to one side and let them walk around me, but they still mutter how rude I am. Why can't people mind their own business!
    Walk with a bigger group

when someone talks ****, they want a response. Ignore them or give a bigger response than they want. I vote for ignore.

I get this more while driving. At a one way street a truck driver pulled out to the side after 3 other vehicles passed me by. He stopped with cars lined behind him. He rolled down the window to yell Hey. I knew he was being a pr*** so I ignored him. He went on for a minute or two before I looked over just so he can call me a dumb***. I should have just waited to see how long he would wait.

ReputationRep:
    Some people in my area dont like me wearing a suit as I think they are jealous I have a job.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it wasn't a comment but I was going down the bus stairs yesterday and there was a teenager at the bottom in a hoodie and tracksuit and trainers standing on the bottom on the stairs in the corner where it bends into the first step (know where I'm talking about?).

Trying to squeeze past him and accidentally trod on the tip of one of his feet which were blatantly not kept in and I said "oh sorry" and he kissed his teeth. Really annoyed the crap out of me.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.