Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I was moving my ps4 the other day and I took my HDMI cable out to disconnect it from the TV. Later on when I turned on my ps4 a blank screen just comes up with no sound or anything.

I thought the HDMI cable might have broken so I bought a new one however the problem stills continues and even a fuzzy red screen appears at times. Therefore I now believe the HDMI output is the problem.

My question is, will Sony take my console to repair as it is still under warranty? Or will they tell me it was my fault it happened and I will have to pay them for the repair? I don't think this would be fair as I took my HDMI cable out with no force at all, didn't yank it out, didn't pull it at an angle or anything I just took it out as normal.

ReputationRep:
    Just say the was working fine one day and not the next. Tbh they have people who are employed to find the cause of failures so you may get rumbled but just insist it wasnt your fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tried a different cable? But yes, as its under warranty, just tell Sony it no longer works.

ReputationRep:
    I would say warranty

Though buying a new cable is also an option (maybe the first option actually because cables tend to malfunction/break quicker than their hardware so it's better to get a backup. You know. For future's sake )

ReputationRep:
    Warranty would be fine. Even without warranty this is a common issue and you'd probably get a repair anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Could also be the socket on the TV. Just something else worth checking.

ReputationRep:
    Warranty doesn't cover accidental damage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.