Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Burn Blister Help watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    So basically i was using the glue gun and for some reason this particular one was really hot (hotter than normal) which was great because it melted the glue really well. However as i was glueing something i accidently pressed the nozzle and the molten glue into my thumb. It hurt a lot and usually i'm not one to complain about pain but i did hurt. Anyways it was throbbing in history and so i put some damp tissue on it. I then looked at it a few hours later and this massive yellow blister has grown.

Basically what can i do about it, is there any cream i can use or should i pop it or something? it is sore and i want to make it disappear lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    So basically i was using the glue gun and for some reason this particular one was really hot (hotter than normal) which was great because it melted the glue really well. However as i was glueing something i accidently pressed the nozzle and the molten glue into my thumb. It hurt a lot and usually i'm not one to complain about pain but i did hurt. Anyways it was throbbing in history and so i put some damp tissue on it. I then looked at it a few hours later and this massive yellow blister has grown.
    Were you trying to glue Christmas hats onto guinea pigs?

ReputationRep:
    its always best to run under cool water when it first happens. im not a doctor but i think people are generally advised not to pop them, you dont want to make it worse or get it infected. i burnt my arm really badly on monday on a lamp, it swelled up and went yellow, but it went down prtty fast and now ive just got a red mark which is a bit sore if you poke at it. i say leave it unless you get advice from someone more qualified that disagrees.

ReputationRep:
    Once I burned my hand on the fire. I had a huge blister. Which my granddad sat on and popped. My had got burnt plastic on his hand when putting a bag on the fire also. Fire and hot glue is very dangerous. You should take more care in future. It couldn't bare you seriously hurting yourself.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.