Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did pretty badly in my gcse's 2A 7B's and 2C's, I'm currently studying Government and Politics, History, Maths and BTEC engineering and I'm predicted AAAD* in my AS levels. I really want to study at LSE but due to my gcse's i feel like they are really holding me back and I'm aware that it's extremely competitive. Just wondering if I would have any chance.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucysteel98)
    I did pretty badly in my gcse's 2A 7B's and 2C's, I'm currently studying Government and Politics, History, Maths and BTEC engineering and I'm predicted AAAD* in my AS levels. I really want to study at LSE but due to my gcse's i feel like they are really holding me back and I'm aware that it's extremely competitive. Just wondering if I would have any chance.
    Thank you

Hey, I got pretty similar grades to you in gcse and despite that as long as you perform well at A Levels and show how well rounded you are ( extra curricular stuff etc) you may have a chance. I'm no expert btw just putting that out there

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    what course do you want to do?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you certainly have a chance if you get AAA at AS level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedane)
    what course do you want to do?
    BSc Government and History

ReputationRep:
    BSc Government and History
    "In addition the majority of applicants have already achieved excellent GCSE (or equivalent) grades including a significant number of top A and A* grades."

Thats from their website. Ur AS grades are good enough but ur GCSE's arent. If you ace your personal statement then you definitely have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedane)
    "In addition the majority of applicants have already achieved excellent GCSE (or equivalent) grades including a significant number of top A and A* grades."

Thats from their website. Ur AS grades are good enough but ur GCSE's arent. If you ace your personal statement then you definitely have a chance.
    Thank you, I couldn't see anything about GCSE's on their website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJ15)
    Hey, I got pretty similar grades to you in gcse and despite that as long as you perform well at A Levels and show how well rounded you are ( extra curricular stuff etc) you may have a chance. I'm no expert btw just putting that out there
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Any follow up on this? how did everything go?

ReputationRep:
    If you have the right A Level grades / predictions then yes you have a chance

ReputationRep:
    Is it true Politics & International relations degree has a deadline of october 31st for UCAS applications??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 21, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.