The Student Room Group

Asking a friend out. Who doesn't know I'm gay.

Ok. So I've told one of my friends that I'm gay, however other than them no one else in school knows. I also seriously fancy one of my best friends who I've never seen in a relationship with a girl before. I only realised I was gay in Year 8 so my current plan is to wait until uni and introduce myself as gay when I'm there.
I'd suggest, if you do want to ask this friend out, to maybe start with telling them you're gay. If they do react negatively then at least they don't know you like them (personally I'd find that quite too open if they didn't approve and knew my feelings towards them as well).

Uni is a good place to be LGBT, as I waited till then to be open about, though it did only occur to me that I'm bi in Year 12 :P My uni is pretty good with the whole thing and happens to have an amazing 'gay scene' :P
I know someone that's gay. Dont worry about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It may be a good idea to start by telling him that you're gay, if you hope to initiate a romantic relationship. If you do that, and then do ask him out, there are 4 basic reactions that you might get:
1) It turns out he's gay or bi and accepts your request
2) It turns out he's gay or bi but rejects your request because he doesn't want to ruin the friendship if you ended up breaking up
3) He's straight so no
4) He's gay but is only looking for a sexual relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending