Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering medicine for 2017 entry. I'm doing biology, math, chemistry and german AS. I think that after working hard I can get the grades I need for medicine. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to up my chances as I know its so competitive. Also, does anyone know anything about MedWales 2016?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying this year, and the one thing I'd say would up your chances is to get work experience! Regardless of your grades, without experience you're unlikely to get anywhere! It doesnt really matter about the quantity, as long as you can explain what you learned and how this is relevant to medicine.

I went to MedWales 2015 and it was awesome, everyone was so helpful and there were loads of different things to do rather than just being sat in a lecture being talked at! I don't know the date for this year's one, its usually in February, but I'd thoroughly recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sortofmusician)
    I'm applying this year, and the one thing I'd say would up your chances is to get work experience! Regardless of your grades, without experience you're unlikely to get anywhere! It doesnt really matter about the quantity, as long as you can explain what you learned and how this is relevant to medicine.

I went to MedWales 2015 and it was awesome, everyone was so helpful and there were loads of different things to do rather than just being sat in a lecture being talked at! I don't know the date for this year's one, its usually in February, but I'd thoroughly recommend it.
    Thanks! How did you book medwales because I have been searching for it and don't seem to be able to find it? It must be popular so I don't want spaces to run out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hann__)
    Thanks! How did you book medwales because I have been searching for it and don't seem to be able to find it? It must be popular so I don't want spaces to run out.
    I booked online, the only advice I can give you is keep looking online as there doesn't appear to be any of this year's information around yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.