The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by azrafc
Hello, thank you for replying, did you get an offer in the end?

The interview was only this last Wednesday, so I haven't heard back yet, sorry.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 821
Original post by _newbe
Does any body know if it is purely interview performance that secures an offer from UCL after interview or do they also look at BMAT and academics aswell

From what I've heard, after you get your interview its a clean slate, they will look at your bmat essay and personal statement too in the interview but it is a level playing field. Also, if you get an interview, that means there is an offer there for you, all you have to do is show that you are "worthy" of recieving it.
Reply 822
Original post by ForeverDay
The interview was only this last Wednesday, so I haven't heard back yet, sorry.

Oh okay, good luck, you should hear back very soon, let us know how it turns out!
Original post by _newbe
Does any body know if it is purely interview performance that secures an offer from UCL after interview or do they also look at BMAT and academics aswell

Yep it's purely on interview performance, unless they're undecided about you, in which case it goes to a more senior person on the admissions team and they decide, presumably with all your information. However, it will most likely be the first case. Good luck!
Reply 824
Original post by azrafc
From what I've heard, after you get your interview its a clean slate, they will look at your bmat essay and personal statement too in the interview but it is a level playing field. Also, if you get an interview, that means there is an offer there for you, all you have to do is show that you are "worthy" of recieving it.
really that's great I have an interview later on this month so hopefully it will go well!
Reply 825
Original post by ciara26
Yep it's purely on interview performance, unless they're undecided about you, in which case it goes to a more senior person on the admissions team and they decide, presumably with all your information. However, it will most likely be the first case. Good luck!
that's good to hear Thankyou!
Original post by Gbajaj1506
Yeah things did pick up quite suddenly for me lmao, they both just kinda came out of nowhere 😂. Thanks man, I hope UCL and the others call you for interview!

that's great :biggrin: thanks! I hope so too man - UCL is my first choice so fingers crossed hey

Posted from TSR Mobile
just a quick question, do UCL ask ethical scenario questions or is it more just personal statement based with a bit about the BMAT essay?
how long do they take to typically get back to us after the interview? i know its up to 2 weeks but they normally do it earlier?
Reply 829
Original post by Yazmin123
how long do they take to typically get back to us after the interview? i know its up to 2 weeks but they normally do it earlier?

Have you got an interview? What date? :smile:
edit: my friend heard back after 10 days
Original post by Yazmin123

I heard back 6 days after my interview :smile:
Reply 831
Has anyone who had their interview on the 3rd of Feb heard back yet?
Original post by iluv
Has anyone who had their interview on the 3rd of Feb heard back yet?

Not yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer !😊 Heard back in 6 days
Got an interview at half three today! 10 past four on 2nd March

Stats:
AAAB (B in chem) at AS, 86% UMS average
Predicted A*A*A (Bio Maths Chem)
GCSE: 8A*2A,
BMAT: 5.4,5.2,4A

Should also say I did get asked for UMS, way back, gave them to them on 31st december so had to wait a long time
(edited 8 years ago)
Congrats! Did you hear back in 6 WORKING days? Or just 6 days?
Reply 836
Original post by blxckatoro
Got an offer !😊 Heard back in 6 days

Congrats !!!! Join the Fb med offer group :smile:
Reply 837
I got an interview today at 14:01 for the 2nd of march!! :smile:

Stats:
AAAA at AS, 94% UMS average
Predicted A*A*A*A (Bio Maths Chem Psych) (also an A in EPQ)
GCSE: 5A* 3A
BMAT: I can't actually remember but i think it was 4.9 5.4 3.5A
Work experience: Hospital placement, Volunteering at Elderly Home and 1 week at an additional needs school

I also had to send in my work experience which I send in last Thursday
Original post by Sp22
Congrats !!!! Join the Fb med offer group :smile:

Send me a link pls 😊
Original post by FVPereira
Congrats! Did you hear back in 6 WORKING days? Or just 6 days?

Thank you! And no just 6 days, my interview was last wednesday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending