Turn on thread page Beta

Have a bad diet and eating pattern, help me change it. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have a freezer packed with butchers meat, chicken breasts, slabs of beef, mince, loads of pork and beef sausages, chicken burgers and more.

Not the best things in world but all nice butchers meat, but I am always groggy and tired so just end up eating something like a takeaway 2-3 times a week(pizza or chinese) but at same time I dont eat breakfast lunch or dinner so its not as if I am eating large amounts of food.

Today I have eaten nothing, yesterday I ate a pack of noodles, and a large sausage in a roll with onions and mustard with 5 large gingerbread biscuits all day and drank 2 litres of pepsi max.

Day before was a chip roll, small yogurt. and a bowl of weetabix all day 2 litre pepsi max

Tuesday was a few bars of chocolate, a veggie calzone 1 litre of fruit juice and a frozen pizza I put 2 small chicken breasts and jalapenos on(though didnt feel like eating it just did not to waste it)

Monday was a 12 inch cheese and onion pizza and 3 caramac bars. 2 litre pepsi max

I am probably missing out a few snacks but that is my general diet and I am obese.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody can change your diet but you. Stop being lazy and cook some proper food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    Nobody can change your diet but you. Stop being lazy and cook some proper food.
    I know you are a troll but I have severe depression and I am autistic.

I USED to cook good food before I was depressed, just like I USED to go to the gym every day.

I would RATHER eat home cooked meals than processed stuff but dont have the energy to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I have a freezer packed with butchers meat, chicken breasts, slabs of beef, mince, loads of pork and beef sausages, chicken burgers and more.

Not the best things in world but all nice butchers meat, but I am always groggy and tired so just end up eating something like a takeaway 2-3 times a week(pizza or chinese) but at same time I dont eat breakfast lunch or dinner so its not as if I am eating large amounts of food.

Today I have eaten nothing, yesterday I ate a pack of noodles, and a large sausage in a roll with onions and mustard with 5 large gingerbread biscuits all day and drank 2 litres of pepsi max.

Day before was a chip roll, small yogurt. and a bowl of weetabix all day 2 litre pepsi max

Tuesday was a few bars of chocolate, a veggie calzone 1 litre of fruit juice and a frozen pizza I put 2 small chicken breasts and jalapenos on(though didnt feel like eating it just did not to waste it)

Monday was a 12 inch cheese and onion pizza and 3 caramac bars. 2 litre pepsi max

I am probably missing out a few snacks but that is my general diet and I am obese.

You'd probably need to talk to a dietician but in general I think you should at least try and cut down the junk. Even if it isn't a large amount baby steps and you can gradually increase how much junk food you want to stop eating. Also is your habitual junk food eating caused by stress, or you feeling down? And for your weight, you can try to take walks, maybe occasionally jogs but if it's really bad you should meet a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    I know you are a troll but I have severe depression and I am autistic.

I USED to cook good food before I was depressed, just like I USED to go to the gym every day.

I would RATHER eat home cooked meals than processed stuff but dont have the energy to do so.
    I'm not a troll.

Maybe if you have these problems you should seek help from a professional rather than a forum?

The points about changing diet still hold true.

ReputationRep:

I have the same problem but I'm not depressed, I'm just very tired all the time from doing part time MA and full time work. Also not obese/overweight just eat very poorly/lots of take aways. But I'm sure it is much harder for you are you receiving treatment for your depression? If so, maybe mention your diet to your doctor. If they feel changing your diet will help your depression (which I'm sure they will) they may provide access to a dietitian for you which could help.

You could also try cooking some actual meals and putting them in the freezer, that helped me at uni. It's one thing having a packet of mince in the freezer, but another thing having a batch of bolognese ready to heat up! Could you maybe spend a day or half a day a week batch cooking some meals (when you feel up to it/have the energy) so then you have something to stick in the microwave rather than having to cook? It would be ready quicker than a take away arriving too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ujuo_)
    You'd probably need to talk to a dietician but in general I think you should at least try and cut down the junk. Even if it isn't a large amount baby steps and you can gradually increase how much junk food you want to stop eating. Also is your habitual junk food eating caused by stress, or you feeling down? And for your weight, you can try to take walks, maybe occasionally jogs but if it's really bad you should meet a doctor.
    Its a combination of things, originally I started treating myself to meals out when I started uni as had more money, then when it was out of my system had a flatmate who had 24/7 parties (he gave spare keys to friends and even if he wasnt in his drunk/high flatmates had parties) so meant my sleep pattern got worse so I didnt feel like cooking so ate takeaways most nights for a few months, by time I moved out to my own flat the sleep was still over the place, if I get a period of good sleep for a few days without feeling tired (mostly summer) I cook home cooking for a while then go back to bad food this time of year due to early nights knocking me out.

Doctors are useless really just tell me to eat better and sleep better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    I'm not a troll.

Maybe if you have these problems you should seek help from a professional rather than a forum?

The points about changing diet still hold true.
    At the same time though, its like saying an alcoholic just needs to stop drinking, or a anorexic person needs to eat its never in reality that simple.

Before the depression I used to mostly undereat, though I have always loved my food I grew up poor so lived thriftily, for years i.e my late teens when I left home I lived off pasta, potatos, bread, my vice was a cheap £1 pizza a few nights a week or after I was 19 a kebab like twice a week and drinking alcohol twice a month.

I actually remember days straight living off packs of noodles.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.