Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How likely is it for me to get an offer with these grades? watch

ReputationRep:
    I got DDE and I am trying to convince my teachers to predict me 3 Bs (I want a A for maths but it's going to be really tough to achieve that. It is possible but I know that I have to be really lucky to get the marks). Most unis I want to go to ask for ABB and I feel really stressed just thinking about it. Only 2 of the unis will allow BBB but I don't even know if they would even accept me with these **** grades.

Any advice? Please help :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    I got DDE and I am trying to convince my teachers to predict me 3 Bs (I want a A for maths but it's going to be really tough to achieve that. It is possible but I am sensible enough to know that I have to be really lucky to get the marks). Most unis I want to go to ask for ABB and I feel really stressed just thinking about it. Only 2 of the unis will allow BBB but I don't even know if they would even accept me with these **** grades.

Any advice? Please help :sad:
    Firstly, where are you applying and what are their entry requirements?

I would recommend that you retake at least one unit from all the subjects, also have you looked into doing a one year foundation course then doing your Bachelors?

And I got BCCEE and still got offers, kids have gotten all E and have gotten offers, its a question of potential and a good PS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Firstly, where are you applying and what are their entry requirements?

I would recommend that you retake at least one unit from all the subjects, also have you looked into doing a one year foundation course then doing your Bachelors?

And I got BCCEE and still got offers, kids have gotten all E and have gotten offers, its a question of potential and a good PS
    Applying for Aerospace Engineering BEng and yes I'm retaking a unit in each subject (for maths, I'm retaking 2). Wbu?

I can't do foundation courses because I must be doing different subjects to the ones required.

How do unis tell if someone has potential?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DedicatedWizard)
    Applying for Aerospace Engineering BEng and yes I'm retaking a unit in each subject (for maths, I'm retaking 2). Wbu?

I can't do foundation courses because I must be doing different subjects to the ones required.

How do unis tell if someone has potential?
    Faifr enough, you are part of the way there.

They will look at predicted grades, your references and your personal statement, sometimes they will even give you an offer without the right predicted grades. If you impress and your teachers write good things then you are well on your way.

All I can say is you need to turn it around and make sure they HAVE to give you that offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Faifr enough, you are part of the way there.

They will look at predicted grades, your references and your personal statement, sometimes they will even give you an offer without the right predicted grades. If you impress and your teachers write good things then you are well on your way.

All I can say is you need to turn it around and make sure they HAVE to give you that offer
    What were your predicted grades and what were the entry requirements for the offers you got, if you don't mind me asking?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.