The Student Room Group

How likely is it for me to get an offer with these grades?

I got DDE and I am trying to convince my teachers to predict me 3 Bs (I want a A for maths but it's going to be really tough to achieve that. It is possible but I know that I have to be really lucky to get the marks). Most unis I want to go to ask for ABB and I feel really stressed just thinking about it. Only 2 of the unis will allow BBB but I don't even know if they would even accept me with these **** grades.

Any advice? Please help :sad:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by DedicatedWizard
I got DDE and I am trying to convince my teachers to predict me 3 Bs (I want a A for maths but it's going to be really tough to achieve that. It is possible but I am sensible enough to know that I have to be really lucky to get the marks). Most unis I want to go to ask for ABB and I feel really stressed just thinking about it. Only 2 of the unis will allow BBB but I don't even know if they would even accept me with these **** grades.

Any advice? Please help :sad:

Firstly, where are you applying and what are their entry requirements?

I would recommend that you retake at least one unit from all the subjects, also have you looked into doing a one year foundation course then doing your Bachelors? :smile:

And I got BCCEE and still got offers, kids have gotten all E and have gotten offers, its a question of potential and a good PS
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sw651
Firstly, where are you applying and what are their entry requirements?

I would recommend that you retake at least one unit from all the subjects, also have you looked into doing a one year foundation course then doing your Bachelors? :smile:

And I got BCCEE and still got offers, kids have gotten all E and have gotten offers, its a question of potential and a good PS

Applying for Aerospace Engineering BEng and yes I'm retaking a unit in each subject (for maths, I'm retaking 2). Wbu?

I can't do foundation courses because I must be doing different subjects to the ones required.

How do unis tell if someone has potential? :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by DedicatedWizard
Applying for Aerospace Engineering BEng and yes I'm retaking a unit in each subject (for maths, I'm retaking 2). Wbu?

I can't do foundation courses because I must be doing different subjects to the ones required.

How do unis tell if someone has potential? :redface:

Faifr enough, you are part of the way there.

They will look at predicted grades, your references and your personal statement, sometimes they will even give you an offer without the right predicted grades. If you impress and your teachers write good things then you are well on your way.

All I can say is you need to turn it around and make sure they HAVE to give you that offer :smile:
Original post by sw651
Faifr enough, you are part of the way there.

They will look at predicted grades, your references and your personal statement, sometimes they will even give you an offer without the right predicted grades. If you impress and your teachers write good things then you are well on your way.

All I can say is you need to turn it around and make sure they HAVE to give you that offer :smile:

What were your predicted grades and what were the entry requirements for the offers you got, if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending