Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tired when running watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been running for a few months but in the last few weeks I've felt a lot more tired on my runs than I used to and I don't know what's changed. I've got cross country trials soon so what could I do to get back to my best?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brain tumor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Limp Handshake)
    Brain tumor.
    That was helpful

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many days a week do you train? You might be over-reaching, so a deload of some sort or might help you recuperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    How many days a week do you train? You might be over-reaching, so a deload of some sort or might help you recuperate.
    This

A deload week always helps with running.

I noticed this when I went on holiday for a week, came back and on my first run I felt so fresh and ran a lot faster than I was doing.

ReputationRep:
    I run 3-4 times a week but I'm also playing a lot of football rugby and karate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    This

A deload week always helps with running.

I noticed this when I went on holiday for a week, came back and on my first run I felt so fresh and ran a lot faster than I was doing.
    Thanks I'll try resting as much as I can and I'll see if it improves

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreverton)
    I run 3-4 times a week but I'm also playing a lot of football rugby and karate
    I'd cut back to running twice a week for a while and see how you feel. Remember that the training it's self is just breaking you down, recovery is where you adapt and progress.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I try to use Saturday as a rest day where I'll do absolutely no sport so I can recover but I probably am doing too much too soon. I'll be sure to try cutting down my training though.

Thanks for the advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like how you say over-reach and not over-train.

That's subtle, but important. I like you. As others have said, cut down the training volume/intensity and see how you feel. What is your eating like OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)

That's subtle, but important. I like you. As others have said, cut down the training volume/intensity and see how you feel. What is your eating like OP?
    Thanks mate. The term 'over-training' is thrown around way too much. People don't realise it is a serious medical condition where if you experience it you may well need to be put in hospital.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)

Recently I've been trying to cut down sugar so maybe that's a factor? For breakfast I'll have oats with berries and sometimes a coffee a sandwich at lunch mostly since I have clubs a fruit and something sugary when I get home and then dinner varies but it's nearly always a good mix of carbs protein and fruit/veg

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could be doing all your runs too hard? Generally, and especially if you're running frequently, the majority of your running should be easy and not stressful. If you're doing lower frequency then you can get away with (and kind of need) higher intensity to stress the body enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooEasy123)
    You could be doing all your runs too hard? Generally, and especially if you're running frequently, the majority of your running should be easy and not stressful. If you're doing lower frequency then you can get away with (and kind of need) higher intensity to stress the body enough.
    Yeah I noticed that so I tried to do some recovery runs. Perhaps I'm not doing enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.