Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So I'm a well cool TSR-ian and I can't let my streetcred be damaged by this post, hence the anony.

Anyway I used to be able to function off 6-7 hours of sleep quite well. More often than not it was 7 hours, being in bed by 11 and up just after 6 - usually for a run or the gym.

But for the past month or so I wake up to my alarm with a headache and need more like 9-10 hours of sleep. This has an affect on my productivity and exercise, because I just feel demotivated if I'm still bed past 9am and it makes me feel down for the rest of the day.

My workload hasn't really changed, so is there any reason I'm experiencing this and is there any advice as to how I could get back to my old schedule?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe sleep's just catching up with you. It happened to me last year (I was getting ~6 and suddenly started to need >8). Try to entertain your body and give it the sleep it needs.

(Original post by Student403)
    Maybe sleep's just catching up with you. It happened to me last year (I was getting ~6 and suddenly started to need >8). Try to entertain your body and give it the sleep it needs.
    You reckon? Thing is I've always had that amount of sleep. 6-7 as long as I can remember. Just a bit odd that at 20 it has begun to catch up on me. You'd think now is the age that I'd be able to pull it off easily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You reckon? Thing is I've always had that amount of sleep. 6-7 as long as I can remember. Just a bit odd that at 20 it has begun to catch up on me. You'd think now is the age that I'd be able to pull it off easily.
    I've no idea then, dude(ette) :/ Sorry! I mean I think it can happen. Things can change without reason. Are you sure nothing has changed in your work/schedule that's could cause any more exhaustion?

I've no idea then, dude(ette) :/ Sorry! I mean I think it can happen. Things can change without reason. Are you sure nothing has changed in your work/schedule that's could cause any more exhaustion?
    Well now that I think of it, stress could have something to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    Well now that I think of it, stress could have something to do with it.
    Stress is grossly underrated. It caused me so much exhaustion. I think in the case of stress, you need to both get more sleep and work on de-stressing during the day.

Stress is grossly underrated. It caused me so much exhaustion. I think in the case of stress, you need to both get more sleep and work on de-stressing during the day.
    Will try to work on it, thanks

btw, spoderman <3

ReputationRep:
    Will try to work on it, thanks

btw, spoderman <3
    <3 My pleasure! Good luck and hope you get better

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.