The Student Room Group

Girls, she seems annoyed for no reason?

I get on very well with a girl, until a couple of days ago for reasons I can't work out she's become quieter, and annoyed with me. I honestly don't know what I've done wrong. It's weird, one minute she seems angry with me, then the next she will talk, when I initiate and try and get her talking. She used to be very playful, jokey and acting daft with me, now she often talks blunt to me and generally just seems 'off' with me, for reasons I have no idea? I have been trying to figure if I said or did anyhting wrong, when she is stressed she is not up for talking and can talk quite rude, I get this and when this happens I give her nothing back. This has been her a couple of days ago, but this is different it seems more personal. One minute she seems angry then when I start talking she seems ok, but there is something there. She would give me one word answers then be totally smiley and talkative with others. Girls, I know this is probably an impossible answer but can you figure why she might be like this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I get on very well with a girl, until a couple of days ago for reasons I can't work out she's become quieter, and annoyed with me. I honestly don't know what I've done wrong. It's weird, one minute she seems angry with me, then the next she will talk, when I initiate and try and get her talking. She used to be very playful, jokey and acting daft with me, now she often talks blunt to me and generally just seems 'off' with me, for reasons I have no idea? I have been trying to figure if I said or did anyhting wrong, when she is stressed she is not up for talking and can talk quite rude, I get this and when this happens I give her nothing back. This has been her a couple of days ago, but this is different it seems more personal. One minute she seems angry then when I start talking she seems ok, but there is something there. She would give me one word answers then be totally smiley and talkative with others. Girls, I know this is probably an impossible answer but can you figure why she might be like this?

Maybe she is just stressed, as you say. Don't take it personally. If you didn't do anything wrong, it's not your fault.

Perhaps she secretly likes you and is trying to hide by over-compensating and acting aloof; I know people who have done this.
She obviously clocked something, go back to your social media accounts and see what she discovered. lmao.

Its ok for people to have off days, give her some space but still be there as a friend for kind words and a few laughs

Omg, this girl sounds like me, and I'm pissed with one of my male friends... I hope its not you! Lol
Reply 5
Original post by Out_of_the_Blue
Its ok for people to have off days, give her some space but still be there as a friend for kind words and a few laughs

I totally understand this. I'm having problems myself and have been quieter more than usual also. It's not my fault, im on medication and it's sending me a bit anxious. Maybe she's taking it personal, but still doesn't explain why she talk to speaks to me bluntly to begin with.
I totally understand this. I'm having problems myself and have been quieter more than usual also. It's not my fault, im on medication and it's sending me a bit anxious. Maybe she's taking it personal, but still doesn't explain why she talk to speaks to me bluntly to begin with.

What did she say when you asked her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is absolutely no way we can give you a reason to explain such changes in her behaviour. We don't know her. We don't know her circumstances, her personality etc. Maybe she lost a loved one, maybe somebody or something upset her. Who knows.
Reply 8
Original post by Emily.97
There is absolutely no way we can give you a reason to explain such changes in her behaviour. We don't know her. We don't know her circumstances, her personality etc. Maybe she lost a loved one, maybe somebody or something upset her. Who knows.

I shouldn't take it personal then?
Ask her directly instead of trying to be a mind-reader. Honestly, all girls are a mystery and this is coming from a girl.
Original post by yellow12345
Ask her directly instead of trying to be a mind-reader. Honestly, all girls are a mystery and this is coming from a girl.

Haha lol I agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL omg is this me because I'v been cutting certain people out of my life that drag me down and bring me nothing but inconvenience lol....I've been soo stressful lately as well and nobody understands my pain lol this is too much of a coincidence....
Reply 12
does this girl know that your on medication and for what?
maybe she's on her period
Reply 14

does this girl know your on medication and what for?
Maybe you must have said something to her as a joke but took it seriously who knows best thing is to ask her
Original post by ravioliyears
Omg, this girl sounds like me, and I'm pissed with one of my male friends... I hope its not you! Lol

I think a few girls would be saying that to lol, I hope its not y
I shouldn't take it personal then?

an example of a conversation would help that you've had where she has come across as being rude (just an example to help understand)

plus I think its better to ask her directly
Original post by tsrsal
does this girl know your on medication and what for?
Maybe you must have said something to her as a joke but took it seriously who knows best thing is to ask her

I havent told her as such but i have to take them after food so shes seen me taking them.
Maybe i have said something, or acted moody but shes acted off also. she been talking to me alot less and giving me blunt answers so i back off and leave her to it.
i also really like this girl, she has a bf who she talks about but also complains about him to me to. I dont tell her everything about my life, because i dont have too. i try to keep a slight distance because of her bf, i like her but am not willing to be her comfort blanket, its not really anything to do with me.
I havent told her as such but i have to take them after food so shes seen me taking them.
Maybe i have said something, or acted moody but shes acted off also. she been talking to me alot less and giving me blunt answers so i back off and leave her to it.

you need to talk to her its the best way. you can ask people on here but that wont help you know why shes being off with you. Just talk to her you never know it might be something small. So nothing to worry about instead of stressing out ask her :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending