Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UCAS Still not sent off by school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My college still hasn't sent off my application to UCAS and seeing people gaining offers is really stressing me out !
    Trying to let it go, relax and just focus on my A-levels but is anyone else in a similar situation?

ReputationRep:
    Aha yep, same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Aha yep, same!

It's terrible isnt it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slide)
    It's terrible isnt it!
    Incredibly ;(

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly ;(

I don't know what to do//who to talk to in order to speed up the process! - it's driving me crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slide)
    I don't know what to do//who to talk to in order to speed up the process! - it's driving me crazy
    I might just pay for my application, my college will be notified and start to move I hope.

ReputationRep:
    Mine too, but the thing is, I left college! But my old tutor said she would still write my reference and send it when I was still there, I'm now in full time work and can't go and see her to get it sent off >

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    Mine too, but the thing is, I left college! But my old tutor said she would still write my reference and send it when I was still there, I'm now in full time work and can't go and see her to get it sent off >
    Oh my goodness ! That is even worse =/ ---Email her !!

ReputationRep:
    I might just pay for my application, my college will be notified and start to move I hope.
    Fingers Crossed !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slide)
    My college still hasn't sent off my application to UCAS and seeing people gaining offers is really stressing me out !
    Trying to let it go, relax and just focus on my A-levels but is anyone else in a similar situation?
    YES omg my reference was made too long, but a week has passed and it hasn't been changed so my application still hasn't been sent off! I'm seriously hoping it is ready next week...

ReputationRep:
    It does not matter when your school sends it off as long as it does so in time for the Jan 15th deadline. The universities are bound by Ucas regulations to give equal consideration to all applications received by that time and the penalties imposed on them by Ucas for not doing so are sever. It is NOT a first come, first served process. Universities know exactly how to make offers throughout the entire period, and they have had many years of experience in doing so. If you are going to get an offer, you will get an offer regardless of when you send it. If you are going to get rejected, that will happen for just the same reasons.
    Here are a few explanations why:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post50432209
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post50430853
    Both PQ and returnmigrant work in university admissions.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you just send the application yourself? In my school you just send it to the teachers to check grades and then it's very much up to you to send it as the teachers want to give you the responsibility in case you want to change an option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexp98)
    Don't you just send the application yourself? In my school you just send it to the teachers to check grades and then it's very much up to you to send it as the teachers want to give you the responsibility in case you want to change an option
    We do all the application ourself, pay for it, but then a tutor would send it off with their reference, so once you send it really it goes to them before it gets sent off.

I wish I had done an individual application, much less hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harinimnida)
    We do all the application ourself, pay for it, but then a tutor would send it off with their reference, so once you send it really it goes to them before it gets sent off.

I wish I had done an individual application, much less hassle.
    Yeah, seems a lot less stressful. My date is Nov 23rd when it's sent. Remember though there is equal consideration for everyone who sends it of before January 15th

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.