Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help! First Time Drinking. watch

Announcements

Last night I had alcohol for the first time. It was 200ml of Vodka. Everything was good but since waking up I have terrible joint pain. I have no known issue which should cause this and the only thing I can think of it being related to is alcohol.

Has anyone had any experience regarding this? Any help would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Um... this shouldn't be a side effect of alcohol... Especially since you shouldn't be hungover from that amount (even if its your first time)

It's not something I've heard of related to alcohol. Can you think of anything else? Maybe some strenuous activity? If it lasts more than a day or so or is really bad i'd suggest calling 111 (NHS) or visiting a doctor. Sometimes joints can just ache, but usually not too bad and not for that long.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    It's not something I've heard of related to alcohol. Can you think of anything else? Maybe some strenuous activity? If it lasts more than a day or so or is really bad i'd suggest calling 111 (NHS) or visiting a doctor. Sometimes joints can just ache, but usually not too bad and not for that long.
    I think it was related to dehydration. I usually drink around 4-5 litres of water a day and that day I only had 500ml.

I think it was related to dehydration. I usually drink around 4-5 litres of water a day and that day I only had 500ml.
    That is very plausible! Glad you seem to have got to the bottom of it

Just out of interest, how do you know so exactly how much you have had to drink?
    I wouldn't know if it had a few hundred ml or a few ltrs!

That is very plausible! Glad you seem to have got to the bottom of it

Just out of interest, how do you know so exactly how much you have had to drink?
    I wouldn't know if it had a few hundred ml or a few ltrs!
    Lol.. Basically I'm a postgraduate student and I was so frustrated with the workload at night that I went and bought a 200 ml bottle of Vodka and just had it in my room and slept. So that's how i knew, it was on the bottle and it wasn't a night out with friends where its obviously very hard to calculate how much you've had to drink

ReputationRep:
    Last night I had alcohol for the first time. It was 200ml of Vodka. Everything was good but since waking up I have terrible joint pain. I have no known issue which should cause this and the only thing I can think of it being related to is alcohol.

Has anyone had any experience regarding this? Any help would be much appreciated.
    lightweight....

...but seriously did you have a decent dinner....and the water thing is true ^^^^

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.