Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i just saw myself wtf?! watch

Announcements

I was walking down the main road, there were quite a few people and it is lined with many shops (dunno if this helps) but i was just walking and listening to my music when the world went into superfocus (i wear glasses but suddenly it felt like I could see better) AND I SAW MYSELF! It was like I was walking behind myself like I saw myself walking for what 3 seconds? then blinked and it was gone. I was just standing there like :eek: it was ME! I am 100000% sure I saw it!

What happened? Did I die or something? I didn't feel weird after - just freaked out...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I was walking down the main road, there were quite a few people and it is lined with many shops (dunno if this helps) but i was just walking and listening to my music when the world went into superfocus (i wear glasses but suddenly it felt like I could see better) AND I SAW MYSELF! It was like I was walking behind myself like I saw myself walking for what 3 seconds? then blinked and it was gone. I was just standing there like :eek: it was ME! I am 100000% sure I saw it!

What happened? Did I die or something? I didn't feel weird after - just freaked out...
    forgot to mention, the people walking next to me didn't change or shift, they were in the same place as before but I was 2 meters directly ahead of myself - i was walking behind myself

ReputationRep:
    God knows what kind of glasses you wear :lolwut:

That's so weird OP because I was walking down the main road, there were quite a few people and it is lined with many shops (dunno if this helps) but i was just walking and listening to my music when the world went into superfocus (i wear glasses but suddenly it felt like I could see better) AND I SAW MYSELF! It was like I was walking behind myself like I saw myself walking for what 3 seconds? then blinked and it was gone. I was just standing there like it was ME! I am 100000% sure I saw it!

(Original post by preetg97)
    God knows what kind of glasses you wear :lolwut:
    hahaha they're nothing special - i didn't even have them on! but they're kangol or something lol

That's so weird OP because I was walking down the main road, there were quite a few people and it is lined with many shops (dunno if this helps) but i was just walking and listening to my music when the world went into superfocus (i wear glasses but suddenly it felt like I could see better) AND I SAW MYSELF! It was like I was walking behind myself like I saw myself walking for what 3 seconds? then blinked and it was gone. I was just standing there like it was ME! I am 100000% sure I saw it!

omg4realz?

ReputationRep:
    just saw your dopelganger

or your high......

or your a twin separated at birth

or you didnt get enough sleep last night
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That stuff you took? Yeah, don't take it again.

ReputationRep:
    I am baffled.

I have no idea what I just read, it felt like I was reading Japanese. :/

(Original post by cheimcallyginger)
    just saw your dopelganger

or your high......

or your a twin separated at birth

or you didnt get enough sleep last night
    could be the sleep but i've had hallucinations from lack of sleep before an usually it's like bugs or rats not ME!

(Original post by Use Err Name)
    That stuff you took? Yeah, don't take it again.
    haha i only took 4 cans of Redbull... not really a drug

(Original post by Ya Dunno)
    I am baffled.

I have no idea what I just read, it felt like I was reading Japanese. :/
    i'll be happy to answer any questions you may have

ReputationRep:
    Dude, sounds like you got yourself a mirror.

ReputationRep:
    What you're describing sounds like what some people experience in times of great stress or anxiety. They often say that it was as if they were watching themselves from the corner of the ceiling, looking down upon themselves, just a general 'out of body', unreal sensation, as if life were a movie, and so on. I often feel this way when walking to school and I get absorbed in my own thoughts. I think the sensation is more likely to happen if you're listening to music, and you're quite prone to day dreaming.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    could be the sleep but i've had hallucinations from lack of sleep before an usually it's like bugs or rats not ME!

haha i only took 4 cans of Redbull... not really a drug
    "only took 4 cans of Redbull..." - famous last words.

ReputationRep:
    It actually sounds like out of body experience, google it

ReputationRep:
    Looking through these bad boys???

(Original post by Mpagtches)
    Dude, sounds like you got yourself a mirror.
    yeah but i was walking in the same direction as myself... so i saw the back of me - which you can't do with a mirror

(Original post by pineneedles)
    What you're describing sounds like what some people experience in times of great stress or anxiety. They often say that it was as if they were watching themselves from the corner of the ceiling, looking down upon themselves, just a general 'out of body', unreal sensation, as if life were a movie, and so on. I often feel this way when walking to school and I get absorbed in my own thoughts. I think the sensation is more likely to happen if you're listening to music, and you're quite prone to day dreaming.
    well I had a breakdown yesterday morning where i just sat at the bus stop and cried for 2 hours before going to school so i think i might be stressed. Yeah it was like a movie! Like the way it looked was like a movie - the whole scene... and I daydream a lot because i tend to get absorbed in my thoughts but not when i'm walking - only if im sitting still somewhere for a long time... weird...

thanks though

(Original post by Use Err Name)
    "only took 4 cans of Redbull..." - famous last words.
    is it lethal? :eek: i thought you'd have to drink like 20 in one time to die...

(Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    It actually sounds like out of body experience, google it
    will do - random timing though!

(Original post by saeed97)
    Looking through these bad boys???
    i need me a pair

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're making this up for the lols, it seems to me like you had an out-of-body-experience.

ReputationRep:
    2spooky4me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.