Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I did pullups with 30kg weights attached and i'm Vegan. AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    So there is this myth that vegans are weak. Today I did 2 reps with 30kg hanging from my body. I repeated this after a 1 min break.

Who said Vegans were weak? What's more impressive is that I only weigh 53.3kg. That's 56% of my bodymass :cool:

When you meat eaters can all do that then call me weak!

Go vegan, for the animals! :woo:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Oh that was a fantastic meme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    So there is this myth that vegans are weak. Today I did 2 reps with 30kg hanging from my body. I repeated this after a 1 min break.

Who said Vegans were weak? What's more impressive is that I only weigh 53.3kg. That's 56% of my bodymass :cool:

So have you given up on quinoa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    I don't do cross fit. I don't understand the meme though. Can you explain please?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    nagev for the slamina?

ReputationRep:

How tall are you ?

ReputationRep:
    So you did two pull up reps with an extra 66 lb attached to yourself? You weight about 117 lb. Are you a women? Or just incredible small and skinny?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    So have you given up on quinoa?
    Nope! Still looking for quick and easy recipes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    x
    I love me some of The Hound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    So you did two pull up reps with an extra 66 lb attached to yourself? You weight about 117 lb. Are you a women? Or just incredible small and skinny?
    5ft 8, man, super lean, low fat and strong

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    k.

ReputationRep:
    5ft 8, man, super lean, low fat and strong
    I am 5'8 and I weigh 190 lb. You are like a girl, so because of it your aren't that strong even for your size. How much can you actually lift?

ReputationRep:

I literally weigh over twice as much as you lol.
    How tall are you?
    You also get diminishing returns in terms of strength/bodyweight ratio the bigger and taller you are. The world record bench press for 59 kg weight class is 5.1 times bodyweight, while it's 'just' 2.5 times for the 120kg class. Judging by your weight you must be pretty short and thus are more compact and have smaller levers with less movement required.

ReputationRep:
    Loving how the meat eaters are making excuses and calling me a girl and weak etc i don't lift to the guy who asked me that lifting question. Though i could arrange to go to the gym to see what i can lift? I've never actually been to a gym. I train at home and at the rock climbing gym.

Bottom line is i am vegan and not weak, so to whoever thinks vegans are weak, i hope i have debunked that myth

ReputationRep:
    is Vega a nice place to live ?

ReputationRep:
    the hound rules

(Original post by william walker)
    Cba to do the maths but are you sure he's that weight at 5"8? I'm 5"6 and weigh 120lb.. and I work out but am pretty skinny. And a woman :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    the hound rules

Cba to do the maths but are you sure he's that weight at 5"8? I'm 5"6 and weigh 120lb.. and I work out but am pretty skinny. And a woman :lolwut:
    Well it is 117.5 lb. To convert kg to lb you just doubt the kg number, then find 10% of that doubled number and at that 10% to the doubled number. So you have 20 kg to work out what it is in lbs you just double 20 which is 40, then work out 10% of 40 which is 4. You then add the 4 to the 40, to get 44. So 20 kg is 44 lbs.

ReputationRep:

How much more could you have lifted if you ate meat?

[ ] Not rekt
    [X] REKT

ReputationRep:
    So basically you added weight to a belt until you were a normal sized person and then you managed 2 pullups.

Normal sized person here, can do more than 2 pullups.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.