Turn on thread page Beta

:) happy+confident loner!! Ama watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Hope you’re having a good day! Just wanted to share with you my experience of being perhaps one of the only confident lonersI know and was just curious if anyone out there is like me or has any questions?

About me
    Im an Indian guy in Yr 13 of a middle school in Bristol (won’t say which onefor privacy) and I always used to be depressed about my life. I had no friends,was short (around 5’6), never really invited to anything and had pretty lonelyweekends. I wear glasses and study quite hard and so kind of nerdy. However,over the last summer I discovered my passion in Michael Jackson+popping and locking moves and that built upmy confidence a ton! (I also made some really insane progress in capoeira)

My school life
    I have honestly absolutely zero friends at school and outside of school. I have acquaintances and science partners who say hi to me in hallways and class but we don’t talk after that. I have tried to make friends but they are just so different to me. (upbringing and hobbies mainly) But it doesn't affect me at all. For real. At breaks, I just chill by myself, listen to music and work on my bboy moves all alone. At lunch, I get something I can eat on the go (eg baguettes)and eat it while walking to an empty room I can find.

Once I find one (I’m allowed cos the teachers said we can), I go full out and train my Michael Jackson moves the whole hour by myself everyday of every week (I don’t get bored cos I change the music and my style) . And I am completely happy with all of this. Im not shy as I still make an effort to talk to people I meet and I talk to girls as well and make them laugh often.
    So if any of you have similar experiences Id love to know how you're doing or just any questions!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you write so much? I am going to enjoy reading it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Why do you write so much? I am going to enjoy reading it.
    I thought people would like more detail, I added emojis if that helps! Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarmaShadow)
    Hi everyone

Hope you’re having a good day! Just wanted to share with you my experience of being perhaps one of the only confident lonersI know and was just curious if anyone out there is like me or has any questions?

About me
    Im an Indian guy in Yr 13 of a middle school in Bristol (won’t say which onefor privacy) and I always used to be depressed about my life. I had no friends,was short (around 5’6), never really invited to anything and had pretty lonelyweekends. I wear glasses and study quite hard and so kind of nerdy. However,over the last summer I discovered my passion in Michael Jackson+popping and locking moves and that built upmy confidence a ton! (I also made some really insane progress in capoeira)

My school life
    I have honestly absolutely zero friends at school and outside of school. I have acquaintances and science partners who say hi to me in hallways and class but we don’t talk after that. I have tried to make friends but they are just so different to me. (upbringing and hobbies mainly) But it doesn't affect me at all. For real. At breaks, I just chill by myself, listen to music and work on my bboy moves all alone. At lunch, I get something I can eat on the go (eg baguettes)and eat it while walking to an empty room I can find.

Once I find one (I’m allowed cos the teachers said we can), I go full out and train my Michael Jackson moves the whole hour by myself everyday of every week (I don’t get bored cos I change the music and my style) . And I am completely happy with all of this. Im not shy as I still make an effort to talk to people I meet and I talk to girls as well and make them laugh often.
    So if any of you have similar experiences Id love to know how you're doing or just any questions!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Random story if you’re interested!

I got pushed out of the way by the rugby captain a few weeks ago (real big guy, like 6’3 and is known as the typical ‘bully’ of the school) walking through a door so at the next set of doors I pushed past him quickly in return. He said jokingly ‘Ohh, looks like I better watch my back with this little one’. I looked him in the eye and responded ‘Never mind your back, watch everything else too’. His friends and him then went “OHH!!!”:gasp::hahaha: (they knew I did some martial arts so they were a bit wary) and they've left me alone since.
    Hmmm...your life kind of sounds very similar to mine. I am in year 13 and have many acquaintances, but no real friends (after moving to a new sixth form). So at lunch I basically just do work and listen to music.

ReputationRep:
    Too many smileys in that for my liking tbh

ReputationRep:
    I thought people would like more detail, I added emojis if that helps! Thanks for reading
    So you are British then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ser Alex Toyne)
    Too many smileys in that for my liking tbh
    There's only 6 smileys and 3 winky (inlcuding spoilers)

ReputationRep:
    There's only 6 smileys and 3 winky (inlcuding spoilers)
    9 too many.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    So you are British then?
    Yes, my parents are from India, but I am fully brought up here. ( So I like the british films/music/events and have no accent either)

do you like cheese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    do you like cheese?
    1)Roquefort-never had it
    2)Camembert-never had it
    3)Cotija-never had it
    4)Chèvre-never had it
    5)Feta-had i a few times before but dont really remember
    6)Mozzarella-never ha..wait no its good!
    7)Emmental-never had it
    8)Cheddar-good stuff
    9)Gouda-tried it once a long time ago, dont really remember
    10)Taleggio-never had it
    11)Parmigiano-Reggiano-never had it
    12)Manchego-never had it
    13)Monterey Jack-never had it

ReputationRep:
    Gouda is the food of gods,

1)Roquefort-never had it
    2)Camembert-never had it
    3)Cotija-never had it
    4)Chèvre-never had it
    5)Feta-had i a few times before but dont really remember
    6)Mozzarella-never ha..wait no its good!
    7)Emmental-never had it
    8)Cheddar-good stuff
    9)Gouda-tried it once a long time ago, dont really remember
    10)Taleggio-never had it
    11)Parmigiano-Reggiano-never had it
    12)Manchego-never had it
    13)Monterey Jack-never had it
    :yy:

More smileys than anon 98, cool cavy and RainbowKiwi put together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebookie)
    Gouda is the food of gods,
    What does it taste like/do you eat it with?

ReputationRep:
    What does it taste like/do you eat it with?
    I have weird eating habits, so let's just say I could pretty much eat it with anything...but you might want to try it with rye bread and something else. If I detailed the stuff I eat, I don't think you could stomach it, so just try the rye

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Are you religious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Are you religious?
    Nope, how about you? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, how about you? :confused:
    I'm a Sikh.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.