The Student Room Group

Accused of Plagiarism

My teacher today said we need to have a chat so we did and she said I apparently plagiarized the whole assignment because there is no way of me having such a good English. I wasn't born in England but I am well read and I use dictionary, thesaurus and help that is available to me (student support). This is not a help request this is a rant.

Where you ever accused of plagiarism when you actually did your work?
Reply 1
What should I should I do in this situation?
Original post by Andrea97k

I feel you, had the same situation several times, because apparently I was too well-read for my age and teachers couldn't believe that I genuinely wrote it. Try to contact a head of department or someone higher up the hierarchy and tell him/her as it is.

Just be chill and honest about it. (If you argue too strongly, the teachers' gonna think...hmm...why are you arguing so hard?:wink:) Say it how it is, "I used a dictionary, thesaurus and student support so if you don't believe me, Imma quit this subject and go where Im wanted!"
(ok, maybe not the last bit but you get it:biggrin:) .

If they're is still convinced its not your work, go into a bit more detail about which dictionaries and supports you used. Anyhow, after a few assignments, she'll realise you're just good anyway!:smile:
Reply 4
Complain at the head of dept or head master, even if you don't care too much. Then the teacher will have a sudden change of mind
Where are you from, fine fellow?
i feel offended that this has never happened to me
Reply 7
I also put my coursework thorough plagcheck and it said that it wasn't plagiarised.
(edited 8 years ago)
My teacher today said we need to have a chat so we did and she said I apparently plagiarized the whole assignment because there is no way of me having such a good English. I wasn't born in England but I am well read and I use dictionary, thesaurus and help that is available to me (student support). This is not a help request this is a rant.

Where you ever accused of plagiarism when you actually did your work?

if she has no proof she cannot actually do anything if she refuses to mark your work go to your head of year or head master course coordinator whatever (I don't know what level you are at.) if that doesn't work if you are at school take it to the governors if you are at uni the SU will help.
I also put my coursework thorough plagcheck and it said that it wasn't plagiarised.

take screen shot of that and keep it if you need to go higher up
Reply 10
I am at Level 3 course I am planning to go to her first and demand she checks my work because she decided after 4 paragraphs that it was plagiarised.
then take it higher if she doesn't actually give it a mark you have a right to a fair marking can another person mark it like her boss
Reply 12
Write a well structured letter to the teacher in defense of your position, explain in detail how you approached preparation of the piece of work in question and confirm in writing that is is solely your own work. Request that if your teacher still does not believe the work is yours that she puts in writing her reasoning and her evidence.

The fact that the letter you submit is itself well written and structured ought to make her possibly appreciate that if you can structure such a letter then maybe you could also have written the original work.
What did you get in GCSE English? If it was a top mark then I dont see how they can complain. If it was a D then....
Reply 14
Original post by skeptical_john
What did you get in GCSE English? If it was a top mark then I dont see how they can complain. If it was a D then....

I got an E I couldn't write for the last hour
I got an E I couldn't write for the last hour

Maybe the teacher has access to your grades and has based the assumption of plagiarism on that? Really it should be up to the teacher to prove plagiarism (ie innocent until proven guilty) but I doubt the system is that fair.
Don't do anything yet. If your teacher is accusing you of plagiarism then it's up to her to prove it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending