Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble settling in and making friends? my flat mates are great but none of them are interested in going out or anything and I'm literally a massive loner otherwise! :') I found settling into college and making friends super easy so I don't know where I've gone wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acadiarose)
    I was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble settling in and making friends? my flat mates are great but none of them are interested in going out or anything and I'm literally a massive loner otherwise! :' I found settling into college and making friends super easy so I don't know where I've gone wrong!
    Have you joined any teams/club/societies? If you want more to do activities and find easy ways to meet people, joining socieities can be really good because it basically gives you a ready-made group of friends to go out with

ReputationRep:
    As an international student, I'm suffering the same problem

Haven't got any friend in the uni, I'm being alone everyday coz no one seems wants to talk with an international student

I‘ve even tried to move to another hall, but still didn't make it TAT

As for societies, having no experience, I'm shy and even a little scared for participating the events alone. \\\

The truth is I'd like to go out and I'm not as shy as I seems to be. All I need is just need a little push

The gap between imagination and reality is so huuuge. Exausted about that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.