The Student Room Group

did u ever publish a novel/book/poetry?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I may not have been born when the first book was published but I was an ambitious foetus.
if this counts i have unfinished fanfiction and poetry on fictionpress?
Reply 42
Unfinished just means it is waiting to get done! Is there any thing that restrains you from finishing it, or do you not feel the need to do that anymore? Ever tried to publish?
Original post by freelove
Unfinished just means it is waiting to get done! Is there any thing that restrains you from finishing it, or do you not feel the need to do that anymore? Ever tried to publish?

not feeling it
Reply 44
how is your project of publighing going freelove? Any progress? Or still need more advice on something? (not that I would be able to help most likely :P but just in case!)
I wrote a book called Nos Étoiles Contraires
I used to write poetry until a year ago. I don't really know why I stopped - perhaps the sudden lack of inspiration and interest since A2 began. They were rubbish anyway.
I did, when I was 12. It is in the Young Writers' Anthology I believe.
I had a poem published in the Young Writers Anthology. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by _I_
I had a poem published in the Young Writers Anthology. :biggrin:

Spoiler

omg, first you were my Ourworld bff, and now you're in the same poetry book as me?! :cry2: :gah:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
omg, first you were my Ourworld bff, and now you're in the same poetry book as me?! :cry2: :gah:

We probably have many other links that we are unaware of. :h::heart:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
I did, when I was 12. It is in the Young Writers' Anthology I believe.

(your highlighter is so fleeky omfg)
Original post by fire_and_ice
(your highlighter is so fleeky omfg)

Aww thank you omg :gah:

If you stand away far enough it looks like I've got a massive boil on my face :rofl:
Reply 53
Don't think so, my poetry got published in a book but dont have my own book yet :innocent:
Reply 54
Depends, would be my answer, widmnd, I am totally in the progress of finishing the writings but publishing not that far I would say - it already had a look at the hp of the novum publishing and got in contact with them - but of course these are only the first steps - lets See what they will repsond to my apply - but a good base it is.
Reply 55
I have some poetry awaiting feedback for anthologies, but prose is my main thing. Journalism. But I have some books planned:

A trilogy on a musician, in the Lewisohn Beatles format, but looking more closely at key individual songs: which I won't disclose the details of in public. I can say that volume one will be called "Freak Out".

"After the Break": on recovery from a psychotic episode.

"Diabolus in Musica" (working title): taking a cue from that novel about Huxley, C.S. Lewis, and Kennedy, a novel about Lemmy, Bowie, and Wogan meeting in Purgatory.

"Prelapsarian Homesick Blues": a heavily conceptual novel - title explains it all. Eve reminiscing about Eden.

All just sketched-out ideas. Haven't started on anything yet, save one page of "Diabolus". Too busy with the journo work.
Reply 56
Original post by freelove
Depends, would be my answer, widmnd, I am totally in the progress of finishing the writings but publishing not that far I would say - it already had a look at the hp of the novum publishing and got in contact with them - but of course these are only the first steps - lets See what they will repsond to my apply - but a good base it is.

Cool, well in any case well done on getting this far, it's never easy. Oh good you contacted them, makes it all a lot easier I guess instead of speculating :P what did they say then? Will you try to go with them once the time has come for you to publish? (unless you wrote them a mail, thought it might have been a phone call).

Quick Reply

Latest