Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a feminist, ask me anything! watch

ReputationRep:
    Title says it all - I'm bored and would like to see what the general perception of feminism is on here. Ask away! ^^

ReputationRep:
    So am I, I'd like to think. What do you think when you see stuff like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsLyanna)
    Title says it all - I'm bored and would like to see what the general perception of feminism is on here. Ask away! ^^
    Considering how you probably oppose men judging women on their weight would you date a short guy?

ReputationRep:
    What do you feel about the role of men in feminism? I shy away from the label 'feminist', not out of disrespect for the movement, but because I'm aware it's not a black-and-white issue and I'd rather not be seen to appropriate a term and a movement for women.

ReputationRep:
    Are you the sort that believes in equality of all people regardless of gender. Or are you the sort that thinks that women are fundamentally in some way better than men?

ReputationRep:
    Alright Ill ask a legit question which I enjoy asking feminist as there is usually a very varied answer.

As a previous poster pointed out there is some vitrol about the modern feminist movement, with that in mind why do true fighters for equality not identify themselves as Egalitarian's instead of Feminists? As being a part of the Egalitarian movment allows you to campaign for equal rights for all rather than more rights for one specific group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    Alright Ill ask a legit question which I enjoy asking feminist as there is usually a very varied answer.

As a previous poster pointed out there is some vitrol about the modern feminist movement, with that in mind why do true fighters for equality not identify themselves as Egalitarian's instead of Feminists? As being a part of the Egalitarian movment allows you to campaign for equal rights for all rather than more rights for one specific group.
    This article, written by a guy, sums up a few of my thoughts on the issue personally.

http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2014...omment-page-2/

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a feminist, but how many right wing extremist nutjobs do you think you will get using this thread as a platform to rant and not debate?

ReputationRep:
    since a feminist is just someone who believes man and women should have equal rights aren't most of us?

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh.

ReputationRep:
    Oh honey you're gonna get savaged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    I'm not a feminist, but how many right wing extremist *******s do you think you will get using this thread as a platform to rant and not debate?
    Just unnecessary, really.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you believe in gender equality like the rest of us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Just unnecessary, really.
    Edited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    I'm not a feminist, but how many right wing extremist *******s do you think you will get using this thread as a platform to rant and not debate?
    yup those people....i see them approaching.....oh god, they make me so angry, why cant they accept other opinions or just be civil?

these forums are bad for my health.

ReputationRep:
    How do you like your steak done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    That's what feminism is, therefore she does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    a feminist was originally mean to be someone who believes women and men should have equal rights, its just some people take it further. people get mistaken because the name has the 'fem' in it and assume its promoting women above men but the 'fem' is actually because men already have there rights the women are trying to get .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by St. Brynjar)
    What do you feel about the role of men in feminism? I shy away from the label 'feminist', not out of disrespect for the movement, but because I'm aware it's not a black-and-white issue and I'd rather not be seen to appropriate a term and a movement for women.
    Out of interest, why do you perceive it as a 'movement for women'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheimcallyginger)
    yup those people....i see them approaching.....oh god, they make me so angry, why cant they accept other opinions or just be civil?

these forums are bad for my health.
    because

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.