Starting stats:
Female
5'5
66.6kg

1RM as of 24/10/2015
Squat: 62.5
Bench: 30.5
Deadlift: 90

Goals: To lean out and cut enough weight to make the 63kg weight class for power lifting (Obviously not looking to any comps for a considerable amount of time, but I did only join the club 6 weeks ago)

Will keep you all updated on my process!

Scroll to see replies

Today's workout:

Did some box squats 40kg to focus on form, then did 3x5 50kg
5x5 Bench 31kg
3x8 dumbell rows 10kg
3x8 curls 7.5kg
Original post by Ya Dunno
What you looking to get Hench like Mrs Olympus? man rate that still, say no more.

Is this even English?
Original post by Ya Dunno
But yo! post some pics as well, you know just to keep us updated and that.:innocent:

Post some pics of your squat results yeah, like before and after thing.

Provide some inspiration for some other female hopefuls wishing to hit the gym.

Wow.
Original post by hermitthefrog
Starting stats:
Female
5'5
66.6kg

1RM as of 24/10/2015

Goals: To lean out and cut enough weight to make the 63kg weight class for power lifting (Obviously not looking to any comps for a considerable amount of time, but I did only join the club 6 weeks ago)

Great numbers, you are stronger than I was when I started!
What sort of program are you following?
Reply 5
Is this even English?

cheeky lil slut
Original post by Squats and milk
Great numbers, you are stronger than I was when I started!
What sort of program are you following?

Thanks!
I don't know where they got it from but my club gave us the program, its a power lifting program anyway.

Day A
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 3x8
Curls 3x8
Dips 3x8

Day B
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 3x5
OHP 3x8
Close grip 3x8
Pull ups 3x8

Done on a ABA, BAB rotation. I usually skip dips and pull ups at that time though and do them at my gym another time when I can use the assisted pull up and dip machine because I'm weak AF.

I also do a bit of my own accessory stuff a couple of days a week with dumbbells to try even out my awful muscle imbalances between my left and right arm, no specific program for that just exercises people have recommended to me
(edited 8 years ago)
Thanks!
I don't know where they got it from but my club gave us the program, its a power lifting program anyway.

Day A
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 3x8
Curls 3x8
Dips 3x8

Day B
Squats 5x5
Deadlifts 3x5
OHP 3x8
Pull ups 3x8

Done on a ABA, BAB rotation. I usually skip dips and pull ups at that time though and do them at my gym another time when I can use the assisted pull up and dip machine because I'm weak AF.

I also do a bit of my own accessory stuff a couple of days a week with dumbbells to try even out my awful muscle imbalances between my left and right arm, no specific program for that just exercises people have recommended to me

Looks pretty good for now. Once you get a bit stronger though it will get very difficult with that amount of volume, so if I were you I would cut out the other accessory stuff you are doing to make sure you are 100% fresh ready to smash the big lifts.
In. A girl who lifts in the blogs is awesome. Been a while since Piggsil left.

Nice dead lift.

My gf lifts will show her this :smile:

Edit: I'll remove the bigotry in the morning

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Starting stats:
Female
5'5
66.6kg

1RM as of 24/10/2015

90KG Deadlift within 6 weeks of training?
Original post by PPF
90KG Deadlift within 6 weeks of training?

Crazy for a woman that...

OP you must have been very strong to start with lol.
Are you a complete beginner , 90 kg deadlift? and your squat is relatively high for a newbie. Anyways , i recently started going to the gym as well , will follow.

GOOD LUCK!
Strong delete from Ya Dunno

90kg deadlift isn't that strong for a newbie woman. Depends entirely on leverages and what starting strength.

Iirc Hermit has lifted on and off for a while
Been dabbling in lifting for over a year, was training for a run anyway so wasn't focussing on strength then got lazy AF over the summer. Came back to it in September with lifting being my top focus fitness-wise and can feel my form is miles better than when doing it alone, will get videos up in due course.

So no, not a total newbie, first time my focus has been on lifting and gaining strength though

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Lol, guys.. these are her 1 rep max's... it's not that high.

Bro Tip: For Power-lifting, I'd say keep intensity and volume high from rep ranges around 4-8. Your training program seems quite good, [(Squats and deadlifts on the same day :s-smilie: is a no no for me)], but I'd prefer to keep pushing and pulling exercises separate from each other (my personal preference).

*Also make sure your form is 100% before trying to go real heavy, you don't want to end up snapping your **** :/

Keep Up The Good-work!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Angry cucumber
Strong delete from Ya Dunno

Haha, it's still in my quote, you want me to delete that?
Original post by Reety
Lol, guys.. these are her 1 rep max's... it's not that high.

Bro Tip: For Power-lifting, I'd say keep intensity and volume high from rep ranges around 4-8. Your training program seems quite good, [(Squats and deadlifts on the same day :s-smilie: is a no no for me)], but I'd prefer to keep pushing and pulling exercises separate from each other (my personal preference).

Keep Up The Good-work!

It's powerlifting, you squat and deadlift in the same day when you compete, makes sense to do it in training.
Reply 17
Original post by Squats and milk
It's powerlifting, you squat and deadlift in the same day when you compete, makes sense to do it in training.

For someone who is six weeks into powerlifting, I don't think she'll be competing any time soon... Gotta ease yourself into it, don't want to cause injuries.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Reety
For someone who is six weeks into powerlifting, I don't think she'll be competing any time soon... Gotta ease yourself into it, don't want to cause injuries.

People have done their squats and deadlifts in the same session for decades, it works, it doesn't mean she is rushing into anything or she is risking an injury.
Weighed in this morning at 65.8kg.

In today's training session we practiced competition calls and setting our openers ahead of the intra club comp next Friday. Given that all the girls lifting about the same as me look a million kilos lighter than me I'm thoroughly expecting to come last, but someone has to!

Openers are going to be: 50/30/80

Very easy lifts but I'll be very nervous and want to sink my openers then see how it goes... Particularly the deadlift I'd love to hit 95.

Did negatives on the assisted pull up machine 3x8 40kg then dips 3x8 33kg after at the gym.

Now going to take it very easy in preparation. I'm thinking just some light lifting Monday, then just plenty of stretching and mobility with some cardio for the rest of the week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest