The Student Room Group

Retaking IGCSE First Language English exam next year alongside A Levels

Hey all. I'm in a predicament. Basically I have decided to retake my English exam. Reason being is because I've already obtained a high B but I was two marks off an A and was predicted A/A* which has played on my mind. I've asked to retake and they've said I can. I want to because some universities are asking for grade As to study an English BA and I have nothing to lose. Will my previous grade be overridden? I am currently in AS.

By the way I am studying A Level English Language, A Level English Literature and OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 in Media. And please don't say don't retake as I've already passed, this is for another reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Bump from 2015
Reply 3
Original post by Rhythmical
Hey all. I'm in a predicament. Basically I have decided to retake my English exam. Reason being is because I've already obtained a high B but I was two marks off an A and was predicted A/A* which has played on my mind. I've asked to retake and they've said I can. I want to because some universities are asking for grade As to study an English BA and I have nothing to lose. Will my previous grade be overridden? I am currently in AS.

By the way I am studying A Level English Language, A Level English Literature and OCR Cambridge Technical Level 3 in Media. And please don't say don't retake as I've already passed, this is for another reason.

If you re-sit then you get 2 certificates with grades and you have to declare both to UCAS. How universities view that is up to them but they would probably accept a later, better grade.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
If you re-sit then you get 2 certificates with grades and you have to declare both to UCAS. How universities view that is up to them but they would probably accept a later, better grade.

Thank you! I was told that my better, higher grade is taken into consideration first. A lot of people told me not to retake as I got a B already but I was close to an A and will retake it as its the last time I can do it.

Quick Reply

Latest