The Student Room Group

Could a university change the offer?

I have conditional offers from Warwick, Kings College London and an interview with Imperial. Still waiting on University College London and Nottingham. The course is either Chemistry or Chemistry with Maths and I believe that I have qualified for the BMO. If I was able the notify the universities, is it possible that they would change the offer?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lucasium
I have conditional offers from Warwick, Kings College London and an interview with Imperial. Still waiting on University College London and Nottingham. The course is either Chemistry or Chemistry with Maths and I believe that I have qualified for the BMO. If I was able the notify the universities, is it possible that they would change the offer? Say I got 25/25 would that make any difference?

By 'change' do you mean lower or raise their offer? In either case, why do you think they might?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
By 'change' do you mean lower or raise their offer? In either case, why do you think they might?

Lower the offer because the result shows significant mathematical apptitude

very unlikely they have standard offers usually. they might lower it if you were able to get a contextual offer for example if you have been in care

Original post by swanseajack1
very unlikely they have standard offers usually. they might lower it if you were able to get a contextual offer for example if you have been in care

Much as swanseajack1 says. Plus if you possess that level of mathematical ability then you shouldn't really need a lower offer?
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Much as swanseajack1 says. Plus if you possess that level of mathematical ability then you shouldn't really need a lower offer?

Yeah I suppose but it's always nice to just be safe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending