Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

B881 - Abolition of Private Education Bill 2015 watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    B881 - Abolition of Private Education Bill 2015, The Hon. United1892 MP

ABOLITION OF PRIVATE EDUCATION BILL 2015

An act to prohibit private education in order to provide a more equal and fair education system.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen's most excellent Majesty, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1: DEFINITIONS
    (1) "Private Educational Institution" shall refer to any fee-paying educational institution which do not receive the majority of their revenue from the State.
    (2) "State-Owned Educational Institution" shall refer to any educational institution which is owned completely by the Government.

2: ABOLITION
    (1) All Private Educational Institutions shall be closed.
    (2) No Private Educational Institutions shall be opened after this bill becomes law.

3: PROVISIONS
    (1) All shut down Private Educational Institutions shall be transfered into public hands.
    (i) The Land owned by said institution shall also be placed under state ownership.
    (2) The institutions shall be reopened as State-Owned Educational Institutions.
    (i) Fees being paid to the institutions will cease and be replaced by appropriate fees for the State-Owned Educational Institution.
    (ii) The employees of the institutions shall be rehired with wages equivalent to those of similar employees within the area.

4: COMMENCEMENT, SHORT TITLE AND EXTENT
    (1) This Act may be cited as the Private Education Act 2015.
    (2) This Act shall extend to the United Kingdom; and
    (3) Shall come into force on 1st September 2016.

Notes
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Due to the nature of fees Private Schools are able to recruit teachers of a higher calibre than those of state schools as well as being able to afford higher quality facilities. This therein creates a system whereby those at private school have a higher chance of achieving the best grades and getting the highest paying jobs. Not to mention that private schools where only the richest can attend are an outdated relic of the class system in the UK. This bill will help to ensure equality of opportunity for all children.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Troll? Surely a troll..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No thank you

ReputationRep:
    Aye.

ReputationRep:
    I do not support a law that aims to bring people who are receiving a better education than others down; the other should should take the rest up.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Nope, Nigel has pretty much summed it up for me.

ReputationRep:
    Nah y'alright.

ReputationRep:
    What a joke, no thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Nay

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but it has to be nay. My little brother goes to a private school not because we are a middle/upper class family but because mainstream schools wouldn't accept him because of his disabilities and special needs. Therefore I cannot support this bill.

ReputationRep:
    Nay from me.

ReputationRep:
    If state schools want to reach the same standard as private schools, then they should bloody well get better themselves.

No.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How about no

Almost as stupid as scrapping tuition fees

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by United1892)
    Aye.
    Did you feel depressed seeing an flood of naysso had to remind yourself that as author you support it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I support this but there should be an express derogation from the A1P1 ECHR right to private property. I also think the drafting could be a bit better, but I don't think that matters considering by the looks of it this will be crushed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You also missed out the costing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Nay, for reasons mentioned already. We should be looking to improve state schools rather than bringing down private schools

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It also has to be a Nay from me, despite how sympathetic I am. Ideologically speaking, I agree with you, I think that they're unfair and those pupils who go to them have an advantage in life that's without merit. However, it is one's liberty to send their children to the school that they think is best for their child, and I don't think it's fair to stop it. We're already seeing state schools doing better, in some cases better than private schools, in many cases as well as private schools. The way that I'd go about it would be to put more investment into our state schools, improve them so that they do better than private schools, work on the unfair advantage that private students get (which we're currently doing in government), and through competition see private schools die out through the market.

ReputationRep:
    woah, did not expect such a right-wing response...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.