Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi so i submitted my ucas application and is now sent to my school to add my reference. But now i have doubts on whether i have chosen places with the right entry requirements that i can realistically meet. Some of the minimum univeriversities i applied for ask for 300 ucas points. This is because i couldn't find any other decent universities for the course i want to do (law llb) that are close to me (not living away from home) i was wondering with a person with BCD grades achieve a BBB place? My schools didn't raise my prediction grades. They don't favour overpredicting or i would have got ABC (i'm retaking a module to bump the D to a C or a B hopefully) so is it possible?

Do you reckon i should ask my school to send back my application to change one place (which was abb to a lower insitutiom say 280 ucas) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanjeedauddin)
    Hi so i submitted my ucas application and is now sent to my school to add my reference. But now i have doubts on whether i have chosen places with the right entry requirements that i can realistically meet. Some of the minimum univeriversities i applied for ask for 300 ucas points. This is because i couldn't find any other decent universities for the course i want to do (law llb) that are close to me (not living away from home) i was wondering with a person with BCD grades achieve a BBB place? My schools didn't raise my prediction grades. They don't favour overpredicting or i would have got ABC (i'm retaking a module to bump the D to a C or a B hopefully) so is it possible?

Do you reckon i should ask my school to send back my application to change one place (which was abb to a lower insitutiom say 280 ucas) ?
    You can change/swap choices for up to 2 weeks after your application is sent off. I'd definitely change it so you have a more realistic insurance though. Which universities have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    You can change/swap choices for up to 2 weeks after your application is sent off. I'd definitely change it so you have a more realistic insurance though. Which universities have you applied to?
    Thank you for your input. Also will this affect my payment to ucas? Would i have to repay to submit my application again? And i applied to Queen mary (the one i'm having doubts about but is my dezired university but not with these grades lmao) University of Kent, City university London (where i can really see myself going and enjoying), Greenwhich and Canterbury Christ. I don't really know any other universities that offer my course that has a good reputation that i can put as a safety net for BCD grades incase if i don't meet the BBB requirement

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your input. Also will this affect my payment to ucas? Would i have to repay to submit my application again? And i applied to Queen mary (the one i'm having doubts about but is my dezired university but not with these grades lmao) University of Kent, City university London (where i can really see myself going and enjoying), Greenwhich and Canterbury Christ. I don't really know any other universities that offer my course that has a good reputation that i can put as a safety net for BCD grades incase if i don't meet the BBB requirement
    Nope! You can just substitute your choices as long as you're within the 2 week period. It wouldn't be submitting your application again, it would just be changing choices.

I don;t know if you've tried this website at all, it should give you a list of all of the Universities that do your course:
    http://university.which.co.uk/courses

(try not to rely on reputation too much though. Look at the modules, study abroad opps and work experience. Visit them if you can and get a feel from them. I haven't gone by reputation/league tables at all when choosing mine)

ReputationRep:
    Nope! You can just substitute your choices as long as you're within the 2 week period. It wouldn't be submitting your application again, it would just be changing choices.

I don;t know if you've tried this website at all, it should give you a list of all of the Universities that do your course:
    http://university.which.co.uk/courses

(try not to rely on reputation too much though. Look at the modules, study abroad opps and work experience. Visit them if you can and get a feel from them. I haven't gone by reputation/league tables at all when choosing mine)
    Oh alright ! I'll definetly contact my sixthform. Exactly i feel like students get caught up with reputation and league tables and i admit i was probably one of them. But i definetly researched city uni and looks really good in all aspects especially employment wise

ReputationRep:
    FYI, it's a seven day period to make changes. It was changed from two weeks a couple of years back.

ReputationRep:
    Oh alright ! I'll definetly contact my sixthform. Exactly i feel like students get caught up with reputation and league tables and i admit i was probably one of them. But i definetly researched city uni and looks really good in all aspects especially employment wise
    Best of luck

(Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    FYI, it's a seven day period to make changes. It was changed from two weeks a couple of years back.
    Whoops, my bad Sorry, I honestly thought it was 2 weeks before my option got removed to substitute but I must have been wrong.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.