Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Long story short, this guy tells me he's always really fancied me and thinks I'm really hot. He then tells my friend the same, and that he genuinely has feelings for me and doesn't want me thinking he's just using me.

We end up making out a LOT... and end up in bed together.

I haven't heard from him since. Before I left we made out a lot again, he tells me he'll see me the following day.

This was a few nights ago now, and I'm in 2 minds whether I should message him or not.

He lives in my block at uni so it's inevitable I'll see him again soon. 😩

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    Dont chase him he sounds like an *******

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Long story short, this guy tells me he's always really fancied me and thinks I'm really hot. He then tells my friend the same, and that he genuinely has feelings for me and doesn't want me thinking he's just using me.

I haven't heard from him since. Before I left we made out a lot again, he tells me he'll see me the following day.

This was a few nights ago now, and I'm in 2 minds whether I should message him or not.

At your young age it's highly likely the guy just wants you for sex yes.

ReputationRep:
    I would say so, yes.. and if he does approach you again and the conversation is heading that way, at least you now know not to entertain it. I wouldn't suggest messaging him, but good luck whatever you do.

ReputationRep:
    What a LAD.

ReputationRep:
    What you describe really sucks. Sounds like he ultimately did use you. But, I think most guys who go to that effort to let a girl know that they are interested in them don't end up using the girl. Definitely do not message him!! He initiated everything so it needs to be up to him to see you again.... BUT..... do not meet up with him late night or anytime where it will just end up with more making out. Don't become his go to girl for making out/sex. Now, it could be that he doesn't want to seem too anxious himself so he's playing it cool and you'll hear from him in a day or two. Hopefully.
    Anyway, don't message him and if he does ask you out make sure it is an actual date - not just a make out.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha got completely played.

This is one reason I think sex outside relationships/too early is a bad idea. Insincere men take advantage of naive girls.

ReputationRep:
    Don't message him. Hold your head high. See what happens.

ReputationRep:
    gg

ReputationRep:
    If you want to move on I'm available
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Yep he used you, once he got what he wanted from you, he has now moved onto the next girl.

Quite unnerving the lengths some guys will go to to wheedle a bit of sexytimes.:erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Quite unnerving the lengths some guys will go to to wheedle a bit of sexytimes.:erm:
    It's an instinct of all men, like eating food. You wouldn't say the same about eating food if someone has been starved for many weeks, would you?

(Original post by multiratiunculae)
    It's an instinct of all men, like eating food. You wouldn't say the same about eating food if someone has been starved for many weeks, would you?
    Eating food doesn't involve manipulating or hurting anybody else.

ReputationRep:
    It might involve the murder of some otherwise innocent animal...

Pretending the world is fair and all necessary actions are just is a set up for disappointment. It's the very reason ethics and morality have always been widely debated aspects of philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. But I would be prepared to do the same thing (obvious virgin here).

ReputationRep:

Don't see how you can say he used you. You agreed to have sex with him. But yeah, no chance he will want a relationship with you, sorry.

(Original post by FireGarden)
    It might involve the murder of some otherwise innocent animal...

Pretending the world is fair and all necessary actions are just is a set up for disappointment. It's the very reason ethics and morality have always been widely debated aspects of philosophy.
    That's different and irrelevant - the food industry in based on the murder of innocent animals. It's not right, granted, but it's not comparable to mistreatment of our own species and it's not emotional manipulation either. Just because the world is 'unfair' doesn't make it okay to be a jerk.

ReputationRep:
    That's different and irrelevant - the food industry in based on the murder of innocent animals. It's not right, granted, but it's not comparable to mistreatment of our own species and it's not emotional manipulation either. Just because the world is 'unfair' doesn't make it okay to be a jerk.
    "Emotional mistreatment" is subjective. If I get sex from someone, that is "emotional heaven" for me, so it could be argued that my gain emotionally and her's cancel each other, since the human species as a whole remains neutrally affected.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.