Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Looking for anyone who can advise me on the best way to approach revising for a final year Economics module- Industrial Organisation.

Unlike other modules, this particular one relies on published papers and journals- which are quite advanced, and not explored in class- but necessary for the exam.

We also have many textbooks to refer to (as opposed to only 1 or 2) and to study from without lecture notes and tutorial questions. Just the published articles and journals and textbooks, so I am looking for advice on how to approach studying it.

I don't know whether or not to learnt all the published papers inside out- although not all areas are related to the exam and forget the textbook. Trying to use both at the same time is proving really ineffective for me.

Should I make structured notes using all the sources and put them into one concise source? (what I usually do for other modules, and works fine- but this one has so many sources to refer to, and the lecturer is quite indirect as to what to pick out from the relevant papers and articles.

I am really stressed about studying for it, and would really appreciate some guidance to studying it. If anyone has studied this module... please tell me how you did it... I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.