The Student Room Group

Help Studying Industrial Organisation/Economics!

Hey guys

Looking for anyone who can advise me on the best way to approach revising for a final year Economics module- Industrial Organisation.

Unlike other modules, this particular one relies on published papers and journals- which are quite advanced, and not explored in class- but necessary for the exam.

We also have many textbooks to refer to (as opposed to only 1 or 2) and to study from without lecture notes and tutorial questions. Just the published articles and journals and textbooks, so I am looking for advice on how to approach studying it.

I don't know whether or not to learnt all the published papers inside out- although not all areas are related to the exam and forget the textbook. Trying to use both at the same time is proving really ineffective for me.

Should I make structured notes using all the sources and put them into one concise source? (what I usually do for other modules, and works fine- but this one has so many sources to refer to, and the lecturer is quite indirect as to what to pick out from the relevant papers and articles.

I am really stressed about studying for it, and would really appreciate some guidance to studying it. If anyone has studied this module... please tell me how you did it... I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Look up Praxeology as well as the Austrian School of Economics. This won't help you at A-level, but will broaden your economic knowledge.
Reply 2
Hello

Thanks for your reply. But i'm not an Alevel student.

I am a final year undergraduate student.

Thanks

Kelvin

Quick Reply

Latest