Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

leaving and how to tell hall mate watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just want to point out before I start this I have anxiety and I have started to feel more depressed after starting uni. I started my course 20th september I was enjoying it, but now the girl who's in the room next to me in my halls has started getting really clingy and controlling, I have snapped at her once before for trying to control what I do, she stops for a day or two then starts again, she wants to live with me next year, and I want to drop out of uni, I don't know how to tell her I am not coming back and I don't want to put a deposit into a flat I won't be living in and I don't want to leave it too late for her to find somewhere.
    I also hate the course that I am on, I find the work extremely difficult, I'm very worried about speaking in front of the class, I have asked one of the tutors for help because I was away for two lessons because of my anxiety, his attitude was he has explained it a few times and I needed to look on moodle, but as far as I am concerned I am paying £9000 a year for him to help me, and as a tutor you are there to help a student with their work no matter how many times you have to explain it, that is your job. So that has made me feel like I can't ask my tutors for help because they think I am not trying.
    I made friends with a group of girls who were nice to begin with, but have shown their true colours, one of the girls thinks it's her business to talk down on my relationships that I have been in (which I told her in confidence when I thought she could be trusted) she thinks it's okay to call someone with anxiety anti-social, which makes me extremely angry because we are not, and both her and this girl I live with don't want me to drop out of uni after this year. I'm extremely unhappy and it's only the start of november, I know uni is not for me.

Should I leave? and how to I tell the girl who lives in halls with me I'm not coming back next year?

I know this was long and probably boring but please help me!

ReputationRep:
    You need to come clean ASAP.

Tell them you're not coming back next year and advise them to make alternative houseshare arrangements.

Then over the summer have a long hard think about what you want to do. If you do decide to do second year, the uni always keeps some "emergency" rooms in halls for students like yourself.

Keep them out of it. It sounds to me like they are the real cause of your anxiety! I remember when I had problems with uni friends - because you're so cut off from everything you know, things seem wildly out of proportion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.