Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student studying a level, wonder if I need working experience while applying for engineering ,my goal is G5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure what G5 is. Work experience is always beneficial for everything. Although is is not required if you are applying for University, but it will make your like easier in job applications.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

0 work experience and I already have an interview at a decent uni and an offer at another (for aerospace)

I'm sure it'd have been nice, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkol)
    I am not sure what G5 is. Work experience is always beneficial for everything. Although is is not required if you are applying for University, but it will make your like easier in job applications.
    G5 are Cambridge , Oxford, LSE , imperial college and UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantizedLY)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh in that case then yes. I'm an international and have an interview at one of those without any work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Oh in that case then yes. I'm an international and have an interview at one of those without any work experience.
    I may go to a construction site or something with help from my parents but not in this year
    I'm currently taking Engineering Education Scheme (EES), does this count as working experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I may go to a construction site or something with help from my parents but not in this year
    I'm currently taking Engineering Education Scheme (EES), does this count as working experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea - never done it

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexkol)
    G5 is a term of reference to refer to Oxbridge and the 3 famous London universities. Every year, staff from G5 along with (G7) Queen Mary, and SOAS will visit many countries to meet prospective international students in hotel rooms and exhibition halls for the Study in UK fair. Students from first world countries will only apply to G5, G7 or G12 universities which includes Durham, Bristol, Birmingham, Warwick and Nottingham. Hope this clears your doubt.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If this is the case, you will be ok...you'll only need the grades and the motivation for the course you are interested.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.