Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ok so I have a party next thurs,, I have never really been to a proper party before but hopefully I will be able to manage myself haha!! Anyway I do like this guy he is quite confident whereas I am kind of shy, I really want to talk to him but not really sure how to approach or get his attention!?

ReputationRep:
    guys like shy girls so don't worry

(Original post by shawn_o1)
    guys like shy girls so don't worry
    really??! Not so sure...

ReputationRep:
    Do you already know him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so I have a party next thurs,, I have never really been to a proper party before but hopefully I will be able to manage myself haha!! Anyway I do like this guy he is quite confident whereas I am kind of shy, I really want to talk to him but not really sure how to approach or get his attention!?
    Do you have any mutual friends with this guy?

(Original post by DeadEnd_96)
    Do you have any mutual friends with this guy?
    (Original post by coffin_suresh)
    Do you already know him?
    I have a couple of lessons/lectures a week with him, yes mutual but not close friends or whatever...

ReputationRep:
    I have a couple of lessons/lectures a week with him, yes mutual but not close friends or whatever...
    Perhaps the best thing to do is sit by him in a lkecture, and get his number. if youve sent a few texts it should be easy to go up to him at the party. however, make sure that you dont text so much that meeting will be awkward.
    also, remember that he'll probably be falttered so try not to worry! <3 good luck !!!xx
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Just go up and have a conversation with him and see where it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Dress attractively, smile, say hello, take it from there...

Literally have a drink. Don't get smashed so that you come on to strong or embarrass yourself, just have a couple pre drinks before the party and they will honestly help you. I've been in this position before and since you'll be drinking anyway it'll give you that little bit of confidence so start they conversation. Trust me...

Literally have a drink. Don't get smashed so that you come on to strong or embarrass yourself, just have a couple pre drinks before the party and they will honestly help you. I've been in this position before and since you'll be drinking anyway it'll give you that little bit of confidence so start they conversation. Trust me...
    I think i missed my opportunity, I was a bit drunk and he was all over other girls. I'm not sure whether realistically he feels the same way about me as I do him...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.