Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me if my working is correct?

Name:  bPdJXJKg7SHDWbKP2SrH9EHX.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  456.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm pretty sure that is correct, neat working
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Can anyone tell me if my working is correct?

Name:  bPdJXJKg7SHDWbKP2SrH9EHX.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  456.8 KB
    I would just mention that in buffers (by definition) all compounds are in the same solution, therefore you can work directly in moles rather than use concentrations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessedoell)
    Yes I'm pretty sure that is correct, neat working
    Thank you!

(Original post by charco)
    I would just mention that in buffers (by definition) all compounds are in the same solution, therefore you can work directly in moles rather than use concentrations.
    Wow, thank you for that. This will save me a lot of time in the future. So it's safe to plug in mole values into the Haselbalch formula? I usually tend to avoid it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Thank you!

Wow, thank you for that. This will save me a lot of time in the future. So it's safe to plug in mole values into the Haselbalch formula? I usually tend to avoid it.
    I would seriously avoid using HH and simply use the non-log form of the dissociation equation.

In your working there is no advantage to using logs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    I would seriously avoid using HH and simply use the non-log form of the dissociation equation.

In your working there is no advantage to using logs.
    I see what you mean. I probably took it in logs because there was a given pH but in hindsight it was probably less work to directly use numbers. Thank you for all the help, though!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.