which one is friendlier - warwick or soas?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
gangrene
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
hey guys i need help in deciding between warwick or soas for my insurance.

and friendliness is a huuuge factor in my book - so guys, please help! any comments appreciated!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gangrene)

and friendliness is a huuuge factor in my book - so guys, please help! any comments appreciated!
SOAS
Friday's Child
Report 15 years ago
Warwick. It's great there, and although I will probably get flamed for saying this, I think unis with a great big campus like that must have the edge. Plus, London's expensive. You can get pissed cheaper in the midlands.
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Friday's Child)
Warwick. It's great there, and although I will probably get flamed for saying this, I think unis with a great big campus like that must have the edge. Plus, London's expensive. You can get pissed cheaper in the midlands.
If you can find a good club in the entire city of Coventry then you deserve to be knighted. You many have more money at Warwick but you'll have to spend it in the SU for 3 or 4 years.
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The Specials didnt write the song "Ghost Town" about Coventry for no reason you know!
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
The Specials didnt write the song "Ghost Town" about Coventry for no reason you know!
LOL....godda remember that one, its far better than the standard "Coventry Polly" joke...
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gangrene)

i'd say soas - my brother went there and loved it, got on really well with everyone and loved the diversity. although i know a lot of people at warwick or like it there too. if you want a campus uni go for warwick, or a london one soas?!
Friday's Child
Report 15 years ago
I believe there is a great club in Coventry. My boyfriend and all his friends have a great time there anyway, and people can actually afford it! :eek: All the clubs in the world won't help you if you can't afford to go out....and they won't make the place any friendlier either. Warwick has a great SU, and a great atmosphere.
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
I believe there is a great club in Coventry. My boyfriend and all his friends have a great time there anyway, and people can actually afford it! :eek: All the clubs in the world won't help you if you can't afford to go out....and they won't make the place any friendlier either. Warwick has a great SU, and a great atmosphere.
Just to clarify this...you have been to both Coventry and Warwick yes?!? :confused:
Friday's Child
Report 15 years ago
Warwick University, yes, Coventry University no, but I believe the question was about Warwick. Coventry the place, yes, of course.
Friday's Child
Report 15 years ago
Plus, out of his most....ahem....lively friends, two are from Manchester and Leeds respectively, and they like it.
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
Warwick University, yes
Coventry the place, yes, of course.

So you have visited and liked both?!?...sorry for the question but I'm a little shocked to find anyone who likes Coventry....
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
Plus, out of his most....ahem....lively friends, two are from Manchester and Leeds respectively, and they like it.
If they have been out (by that I mean PROPRELY been out and they are not sad and dull) in either Leeds or Manchester then I assure you they were humouring him when they said they liked it.
Friday's Child
Report 15 years ago
Interesting that I get deleted for contradicting you, isn't it?
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think unis with a great big campus like that must have the edge.
London - the biggest campus in the UK.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
So you have visited and liked both?!?...sorry for the question but I'm a little shocked to find anyone who likes Coventry....
Hi there, I'm from Norway and I liked Coventry (I visited in April), although Leamington is more beautiful.
gangrene
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
thing is, i'm from hong kong, so i doubt i would get used to coventry...
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought most Warwick students went to Leamington and Birmingham rather than to Coventry for entertainment. I've been to Coventry and it has good and bad areas, just like every other city in the country. Leamington is much nicer though! Nobody seems to have answered the question about friendliness. I've never been to SOAS, but Warwick always seems friendly on Open Days and, being a campus university, is more likely to have a community atmosphere.
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When I visited Warwick.. I found the surrounding area and campus to be boring. Nothing to do in Leamington Spa, and Coventry was just awful.
Ynox
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
cov nightlife isn't great:

Colusseum- rock club, bit dodgy.
Ikon- where the townies go.

There is leamington too though, thats got sugar (again, where the townies generally go).

The union isn't too bad, just stay off the purple (snakebite and black)- I got pissed on £15 last night after drinking that stuff
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (30)
7.96%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (32)
8.49%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (84)
22.28%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (49)
13%
No, nothing has changed (112)
29.71%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (70)
18.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed