Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i need help in deciding between warwick or soas for my insurance.

and friendliness is a huuuge factor in my book - so guys, please help! any comments appreciated!

(Original post by gangrene)

and friendliness is a huuuge factor in my book - so guys, please help! any comments appreciated!
    SOAS

ReputationRep:
    Warwick. It's great there, and although I will probably get flamed for saying this, I think unis with a great big campus like that must have the edge. Plus, London's expensive. You can get pissed cheaper in the midlands.

(Original post by Friday's Child)
    Warwick. It's great there, and although I will probably get flamed for saying this, I think unis with a great big campus like that must have the edge. Plus, London's expensive. You can get pissed cheaper in the midlands.
    If you can find a good club in the entire city of Coventry then you deserve to be knighted. You many have more money at Warwick but you'll have to spend it in the SU for 3 or 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    The Specials didnt write the song "Ghost Town" about Coventry for no reason you know!

(Original post by kingslaw)
    The Specials didnt write the song "Ghost Town" about Coventry for no reason you know!
    LOL....godda remember that one, its far better than the standard "Coventry Polly" joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangrene)

i'd say soas - my brother went there and loved it, got on really well with everyone and loved the diversity. although i know a lot of people at warwick or like it there too. if you want a campus uni go for warwick, or a london one soas?!

ReputationRep:
    I believe there is a great club in Coventry. My boyfriend and all his friends have a great time there anyway, and people can actually afford it! :eek: All the clubs in the world won't help you if you can't afford to go out....and they won't make the place any friendlier either. Warwick has a great SU, and a great atmosphere.

I believe there is a great club in Coventry. My boyfriend and all his friends have a great time there anyway, and people can actually afford it! :eek: All the clubs in the world won't help you if you can't afford to go out....and they won't make the place any friendlier either. Warwick has a great SU, and a great atmosphere.
    Just to clarify this...you have been to both Coventry and Warwick yes?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Warwick University, yes, Coventry University no, but I believe the question was about Warwick. Coventry the place, yes, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Plus, out of his most....ahem....lively friends, two are from Manchester and Leeds respectively, and they like it.

Warwick University, yes
    Coventry the place, yes, of course.

So you have visited and liked both?!?...sorry for the question but I'm a little shocked to find anyone who likes Coventry....

Plus, out of his most....ahem....lively friends, two are from Manchester and Leeds respectively, and they like it.
    If they have been out (by that I mean PROPRELY been out and they are not sad and dull) in either Leeds or Manchester then I assure you they were humouring him when they said they liked it.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that I get deleted for contradicting you, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I think unis with a great big campus like that must have the edge.
    London - the biggest campus in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    So you have visited and liked both?!?...sorry for the question but I'm a little shocked to find anyone who likes Coventry....
    Hi there, I'm from Norway and I liked Coventry (I visited in April), although Leamington is more beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    thing is, i'm from hong kong, so i doubt i would get used to coventry...

ReputationRep:
    I thought most Warwick students went to Leamington and Birmingham rather than to Coventry for entertainment. I've been to Coventry and it has good and bad areas, just like every other city in the country. Leamington is much nicer though! Nobody seems to have answered the question about friendliness. I've never been to SOAS, but Warwick always seems friendly on Open Days and, being a campus university, is more likely to have a community atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    When I visited Warwick.. I found the surrounding area and campus to be boring. Nothing to do in Leamington Spa, and Coventry was just awful.

ReputationRep:
    cov nightlife isn't great:

Colusseum- rock club, bit dodgy.
    Ikon- where the townies go.

There is leamington too though, thats got sugar (again, where the townies generally go).

The union isn't too bad, just stay off the purple (snakebite and black)- I got pissed on £15 last night after drinking that stuff

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.