Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

(For those that don't know, contiki is a travel agency that offers an organised back packing experience - Google for more info)

Has anyone every been on a contiki trip? And what did you think?

ReputationRep:
    I met a group of contiki travellers about 3 years ago in a bar; they said it was just one giant piss up; the people I've spoken to over the years who have also done it agree with them.

I looked at their website and couldn't believe the prices...Some people are making some serious cash there!!

For example; theres one in South America for 36 days that costs just under £7k..............

For £7k I'd expect to stay in South America for 7 months and do everything that is listed on their itinerary...

Another one in 25 days that costs £4k in Mexico and Guatemala...I spent 3 months travelling in Mexico and spent just over £2.5k and that was when the Peso was stronger than it is now!!! I also spent money on Spanish lessons, a huge festival etc etc. Given the exchange rate of the Peso now I'd expect £4k to last the whole 6 month visa allowance.

I'd steer clear of them as for me I think it is a hugeeeee rip off preying on people who aren't really experienced as travellers or people who like one of my Brazilian friends only had 2 weeks of work so it was perfect for her.

If money isn't an object then go for it.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.