Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any medium format film shooters in here?

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah! Thought I was alone

What you shooting with?

ReputationRep:
    You're a female medium format film shooter?! Have any idea how rare that is?

I have shot with: Mamiya C220, Mamiya RZ67, Mamiya 7, Agfa Isolette II

I currently own: Fuji GW690II

What about you?Do you also shoot digital and 35mm? What gear do you own?

ReputationRep:
    None of my friends and family are interested in film unfortunately so I don't have anyone to share my excentric-ness with. But we do exist.

Im so jealous of what you've shot with! I dream of owning a mamiya 7.

At the moment i'm stuck with a yashica 635 which is nice but its very awkward to use. Really want to upgrade to an SLR or a rangefinder but I just can't afford to unfortunately

I do have acess to a darkroom at college which is a lot of fun, love layering negatives for multiple exposures
    Attachment 476459

ReputationRep:
    I have some suggestions for you if you don't have a lot of cash but still want to try out other MF cameras (PM me for more details). When I started shooting medium format I was still a student.

Technically speaking, going from a TLR to an SLR or rangefinder isn't an upgrade. You do know the strengths and weaknesses of each of the 4 types of MF cameras, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    I shot my third year Photojournalism project on medium format, with a Mamiya 7. I own a Mamiya RB67 too which I'm in the process of getting working properly. Some knob assembled the ground glass focusing screen incorrectly meaning every image was out of focus. I've reassembled it properly so fingers crossed that's fixed it, I just need to run some film through it and get it developed.

Here's my project - Following the A470

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.