Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shoplifting watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I know we shouldn't of done it but.... It happened. Today me and one of my friends got caught shoplifting in boots. We were taken into a security room by the security guard.We offered to pay for the stuff (about £20) he wasn't having any of it... He got the manager to come and she said we would be banned from the store, fair enough, but also said they were going to call the police and have us arrested....After about 30 minuets, the police arrived. We were both handcuffed, (as the door was open).The police went off and had a chat with the manager, after about another 10 minuets, the came back and said that they were going to do 'street bail'.This basically means that we have 'technically' been arrested for theft, and the police will come and take us into custody at a pre arranged time from our homes...We asked if we could not be taken in now, the police were on foot patrol and no vans available....Im dreading telling my parents that, the police are going to come to the house and collect me tomorrow @ 10am...I asked them if I have to go in a police car, and he said no. And replied you'll have to go in a van... Do you think the'll put me in a restraint handcuffs tomorrow? Will I have to be put in a cell or do you think the'll just interview me and deal with it...My friend is getting picked up tomorrow at 10:30, so I presume the'll pick me up and then her...

Argh!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Don't know I've never been arrested hahahha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you know what police station you are due to be taken to, go there before the pre-arranged time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Don't know I've never been arrested hahahha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope you are not laughing at me. It would be very cruel if you are.

ReputationRep:
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    If you know what police station you are due to be taken to, go there before the pre-arranged time.
    Thanks! That's a good idea. Just don't want the neighbours seeming me get arrested haha!! Also, my parents would kill me if I was arrested! I kids hope that the officers don't go around my house and knock on my door haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_jelly)
    :troll:
    What is this?

ReputationRep:
    Omg! How old are u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    Ok, I know we shouldn't of done it but.... It happened. Today me and one of my friends got caught shoplifting in boots. We were taken into a security room by the security guard.We offered to pay for the stuff (about £20) he wasn't having any of it... He got the manager to come and she said we would be banned from the store, fair enough, but also said they were going to call the police and have us arrested....After about 30 minuets, the police arrived. We were both handcuffed, (as the door was open).The police went off and had a chat with the manager, after about another 10 minuets, the came back and said that they were going to do 'street bail'.This basically means that we have 'technically' been arrested for theft, and the police will come and take us into custody at a pre arranged time from our homes...We asked if we could not be taken in now, the police were on foot patrol and no vans available....Im dreading telling my parents that, the police are going to come to the house and collect me tomorrow @ 10am...I asked them if I have to go in a police car, and he said no. And replied you'll have to go in a van... Do you think the'll put me in a restraint handcuffs tomorrow? Will I have to be put in a cell or do you think the'll just interview me and deal with it...My friend is getting picked up tomorrow at 10:30, so I presume the'll pick me up and then her...

Argh!!
    Handcuffs depends on the officer taking you in. If you clearly aren't going to do anything funny, they might not handcuff you. However, don't be surprised if they do. Don't know if they'll put you in a cell, they might do while they're talking to your friend. Most likely they'll issue you with a caution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Handcuffs depends on the officer taking you in. If you clearly aren't going to do anything funny, they might not handcuff you. However, don't be surprised if they do. Don't know if they'll put you in a cell, they might do while they're talking to your friend. Most likely they'll issue you with a caution.
    Ah I see, so as long as I cooperate I have a good chance of not being cuffed, that's good. What is a caution? Is it on my record? I am scared that my parents will find out!!!

ReputationRep:

Argh!!
    Lol hahaahaaahhhaaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, so as long as I cooperate I have a good chance of not being cuffed, that's good. What is a caution? Is it on my record? I am scared that my parents will find out!!!
    A caution is like a warning. If you commit further offences, they'll take into account the caution when they prosecute you. It's permanent and it can effect you going into certain careers as you'll have to disclose it when applying.

This explains it in more detail: https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/q562.htm

ReputationRep:

Argh!!
    I'm just laughing at your username tbh fam

ReputationRep:

Argh!!
    Leave your current life. It's all over for you now, son.
    Grab a rucksack and fill it with a few cans of baked beans and your toothbrush.
    Take the sim card out of your phone and break it in half and flush it.
    Destroy the phone; you have no need for it where you're going.
    Don't say goodbye to family and friends; you can't trust anyone anymore.
    Grab a kitchen knife and some dark clothing for when it gets rough.
    Get a train ticket to your destination of choice; pay by cash only.
    You have to live your life on the run now; don't let them take you in.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Ha! That's what you get for shoplifting! What didyou expect them to do; just let you off so you'll do it a second time?
    OP deserved it, however he should be glad it isn't Turkey where his hands would have been chopped off and no handcuffs would have been needed.

ReputationRep:
    If you are under 18 they will have to tell your parents.

A caution does go on your record.

ReputationRep:
    pro-tip: If you do get caught shoplifting, you should just belt it out of the store.

ReputationRep:
    I got arrested once, it was because they thought I had cannabis on me.

ReputationRep:
    I have seen this exact thread word for word on TSR before

EXPLAIN THIS MY FRIEND :mob:

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents. Get some support. Apologise. Learn from your mistakes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.