Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I received an early Christmas present which is an Asus fliplock laptop. I want to use this laptop when I go to uni next year. So, is this laptop any good for that?

ReputationRep:
    What you have asked is a bit like asking "I have bought a vehicle. I want to use the vehicle to transport people and things. Will the vehicle be ok for this?" If the vehicle is a Ford Focus then clearly it's not going to be much use for intercontinental travel, for example, or for transporting wind turbine blades.

What is the spec of the laptop and what exactly do you plan on using it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    What you have asked is a bit like asking "I have bought a vehicle. I want to use the vehicle to transport people and things. Will the vehicle be ok for this?" If the vehicle is a Ford Focus then clearly it's not going to be much use for intercontinental travel, for example, or for transporting wind turbine blades.

What is the spec of the laptop and what exactly do you plan on using it for?
    It's an ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP300LA. I'm planning to use it for uni stuff like doing my assignments on it etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningstar49)
    It's an ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP300LA. I'm planning to use it for uni stuff like doing my assignments on it etc.
    You could probably adequately do most uni work on technology about 20 years past (word processor, access to google docs, Dropbox access).
    Though it looks speedy and efficient enough to make your life easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningstar49)
    For bog standard student-y tasks, it's going to be fine. If you start wanting to do anything more intensive like gaming, it's going to struggle.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.