Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So my iPhone 6 now has a notably poorer battery life than before.

I bought it sometime in March/May.

Is it worth sending it in to get a new battery? Does this actually improve battery life?

ReputationRep:
    Just buy a case which charges the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Use Err Name)
    So my iPhone 6 now has a notably poorer battery life than before.

I bought it sometime in March/May.

Is it worth sending it in to get a new battery? Does this actually improve battery life?
    if you only bought it in march, you might get apple to repair/replace phone under warranty. Take it to a local apple shop.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Just buy a case which charges the phone.
    Aren't those quite bulky? I like that it can fit into the front of my jeans without people being able to tell easily.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    if you only bought it in march, you might get apple to repair/replace phone under warranty. Take it to a local apple shop.
    I'll definitely give this a go when I'm back home. I don't think theres anything wrong with the phone though, its just from overuse - you reckon they'd still do it?

ReputationRep:
    I'll definitely give this a go when I'm back home. I don't think theres anything wrong with the phone though, its just from overuse - you reckon they'd still do it?
    Yup they might, no harm in trying! When my macbookpro battery was low, they didn't replace it for free but gave me a discount on a new battery because I was still under warranty. I don't think generally cover batteries but worth a shot to see what they say before forking out for a private replacement!

ReputationRep:
    Aren't those quite bulky? I like that it can fit into the front of my jeans without people being able to tell easily.
    Depends the type you get, there are some relatively thin ones. Alternatively if you have a rucksack most of the time, get one of those portable batteries.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.