Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Which style would you use for opening THE envelope :p watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering guys, if you get your results in an envelope, which style will you use:
    1) Tear the envelope completely and read all the results in one go.
    OR
    2) Open the envelope slowly, reading one grade at a time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ƒlå®è®)
    Hey just wondering guys, if you get your results in an envelope, which style will you use:
    OR

I dont get an envelope my college cant afford them but if it was me i would rip it open and read them all at once!

I plan to take some garden sheers with me, and chop the envolope into the greek symbol for luck.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea...but more than likely I'll get my results, faint, wake up and find my mother has already opened the envelope (if I have one).

ReputationRep:
    You know last time for the AS, you had to calculate your marks for some boards, and then figure out your grades. We won't have to do that this time do we? Also, will there be an overall A2 grade at the top or something, and do they show the results from all of the modules over the two years, or just the ones you took in the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    You know last time for the AS, you had to calculate your marks for some boards, and then figure out your grades. We won't have to do that this time do we? Also, will there be an overall A2 grade at the top or something, and do they show the results from all of the modules over the two years, or just the ones you took in the summer?
    I dunno but seeing as I had 19 exams this summer its gonna take me about an hour to work everything out!!! I think it will have the best mark for every module in your course on it but I might be wrong.

(Original post by Xenon)
    I was wondering that too could a post a-Level student answer this please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I was wondering that too could a post a-Level student answer this please?
    The trouble is only the year above us did the same system - before they didn't do AS levels and didn't do resits and stuff so their results would be different. And they could change it this year cos it may have been really confusing last year!!!

But I'm not post A-level so I wouldn't know!!!

ReputationRep:
    hahaha you know what happened when I got last year's GCSE results? I used your method 2, the "one grade at a time" method. I slided the paper out very carefully and saw a big mean F staring me in the face. I was so shocked I almost fainted, until I realised I hadn't looked at a subject grade and the F standed for nothing but that I'm female!!! Turns out I got almost all A*s. But hey, it's cast doubts over whether I shoud use that method again.

Oh and btw, i think the individual module grades may have to be worked out but the overall grade for each subject will be written.

If the exam board's AQA or OCR, you will get an overall grade printed on the results slip. It will list all the units you've done, and next to it will be the UMS points you've obtained. AQA even publish any units you've retaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    hahaha you know what happened when I got last year's GCSE results? I used your method 2, the "one grade at a time" method. I slided the paper out very carefully and saw a big mean F staring me in the face. I was so shocked I almost fainted, until I realised I hadn't looked at a subject grade and the F standed for nothing but that I'm female!!! Turns out I got almost all A*s. But hey, it's cast doubts over whether I shoud use that method again.
    Poor Poor You! (added extra poor so I could post this!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonshine)
    Poor Poor You! (added extra poor so I could post this!)
    It is a bit silly how our posts have to be a certain length now. Sometime you want to say something but it's just not long enough to be valid! hmfffff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    If the exam board's AQA or OCR, you will get an overall grade printed on the results slip. It will list all the units you've done, and next to it will be the UMS points you've obtained. AQA even publish any units you've retaken.
    It's the same with Edexcel AFAIK (although I don't know if they publish the units you've retaken).

ReputationRep:
    i wont have an envelope to open - ill b in malta so im goin to b told over the phone. nightmare. and im soo confused bout how im gonn contact unis n stoof. does ne1 know if a level results will b on the ucas website thing or online so i can get them that way or not?

x o x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissSmile)
    i wont have an envelope to open - ill b in malta so im goin to b told over the phone. nightmare. and im soo confused bout how im gonn contact unis n stoof. does ne1 know if a level results will b on the ucas website thing or online so i can get them that way or not?

x o x
    u get told on the webby if u were rejected or accepted by ure uni at 12:00am on the 14th as far as i know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GibbonGimp)
    u get told on the webby if u were rejected or accepted by ure uni at 12:00am on the 14th as far as i know.
    11 AM on the 14th, just don't expect the UCAS.com server to be able to handle all the requests ! There were apparently major problems last year, and peeps just had to keep pressing Refresh until they got lucky.
    Hopefully they've sorted it for us.

ReputationRep:
    what about for Edexcel maths, will we have to figure out our grades ourselves? I'd hate it, as it just builds up pressure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    what about for Edexcel maths, will we have to figure out our grades ourselves? I'd hate it, as it just builds up pressure!
    You shouldn't have to, it should collate 6 units, with the name of the subject being claimed, the UMS mark, and hopefully the grade.

ReputationRep:
    I always try to open my envelopes by lifting the flap back up, and if they rip I get soo angry! lol I'm so sad, aren't I!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ƒlå®è®)
    OR

ENVELOPE ?! Thats far too much outlay for our school I know that much.

However, given the option, it would be 1, then just to make sure I hadn't misread anything, go over each one again, more slowly. And then again, in disbelief !

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.