Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AS grades = BCD
    But my prediction grades are the same (school doesn't raise predictions)
    I'm retaking a module to go from a D to a C/B
    And more effort in a2 as it gets harder.

Entry requirement = ABB - BBB (320 points)
    For the course i want to do

Do you reckon I'll have a chance of recieveing an offer? With a good personal statement and reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanjeedauddin)
    AS grades = BCD

Do you reckon I'll have a chance of recieveing an offer? With a good personal statement and reference?
    Applying for even a BBB course with BCD - unlikely. Worth a shot if you really want to go there, but be prepared not to get an offer and make sure you have more realistic uni choices for your other four

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, not really. You're 3-4 grades short at AS, and predicted to still be 3-4 grades short at A2. It's bit of a long-shot option.

Even if you were to get an offer, do you think you'd be able to meet the conditions?

ReputationRep:
    AS grades = BCD

No, for the reasons Potally_Tissed gave above. No PS or reference can take the place of inadequate grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    No, for the reasons Potally_Tissed gave above. No PS or reference can take the place of inadequate grades.
    I have 0 chances then basically

ReputationRep:
    I have 0 chances then basically
    There is nothing to stop you having a go, and if they don't get a lot of applicants with better grades, then who knows? You have five choices, so it does no harm to bet one on a risky shot.

ReputationRep:
    AS grades = BCD

What course are you aiming for? The type of course and how competitive it is really influences the decision they make on whether to offer you a place or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    What course are you aiming for? The type of course and how competitive it is really influences the decision they make on whether to offer you a place or not
    Law LLB. They're quite notable for their city law school and business i believe.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    AS grades = BCD

I'm a final year student at City University and they accepted me with BBC even though the requirements were BBB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'm a final year student at City University and they accepted me with BBC even though the requirements were BBB
    That's incredible to hear ! Good luck on your last year. Did you apply anywhere else close to london if you don't mind me asking?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    That's incredible to hear ! Good luck on your last year. Did you apply anywhere else close to london if you don't mind me asking?
    Yeah went for Kings and City in the end. Missed both offers but City still took me on.

ReputationRep:
    Law LLB. They're quite notable for their city law school and business i believe.
    As competitive as a course like law is, my cousin was in a similar situation as you, she graduated last year but at the time made up for her grades with a stellar personal statement (on as grades BBC) prepare yourself as it may result in a rejection just because that D might drag you down and the nature of how selective law schools can be but it's definitely worth a try!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.