The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

can i get into City university London?

AS grades = BCD
But my prediction grades are the same (school doesn't raise predictions)
I'm retaking a module to go from a D to a C/B
And more effort in a2 as it gets harder.

Entry requirement = ABB - BBB (320 points)
For the course i want to do

Do you reckon I'll have a chance of recieveing an offer? With a good personal statement and reference?
Original post by sanjeedauddin
AS grades = BCD

Do you reckon I'll have a chance of recieveing an offer? With a good personal statement and reference?

Applying for even a BBB course with BCD - unlikely. Worth a shot if you really want to go there, but be prepared not to get an offer and make sure you have more realistic uni choices for your other four
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
To be honest, not really. You're 3-4 grades short at AS, and predicted to still be 3-4 grades short at A2. It's bit of a long-shot option.

Even if you were to get an offer, do you think you'd be able to meet the conditions?
AS grades = BCD

No, for the reasons Potally_Tissed gave above. No PS or reference can take the place of inadequate grades.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, for the reasons Potally_Tissed gave above. No PS or reference can take the place of inadequate grades.

I have 0 chances then basically :frown:
I have 0 chances then basically :frown:

There is nothing to stop you having a go, and if they don't get a lot of applicants with better grades, then who knows? You have five choices, so it does no harm to bet one on a risky shot.
AS grades = BCD

What course are you aiming for? The type of course and how competitive it is really influences the decision they make on whether to offer you a place or not
Original post by meediaabid
What course are you aiming for? The type of course and how competitive it is really influences the decision they make on whether to offer you a place or not

Law LLB. They're quite notable for their city law school and business i believe.
Reply 8
AS grades = BCD

I'm a final year student at City University and they accepted me with BBC even though the requirements were BBB
Original post by UWS
I'm a final year student at City University and they accepted me with BBC even though the requirements were BBB

That's incredible to hear ! Good luck on your last year. Did you apply anywhere else close to london if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 10
That's incredible to hear ! Good luck on your last year. Did you apply anywhere else close to london if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah went for Kings and City in the end. Missed both offers but City still took me on.
Law LLB. They're quite notable for their city law school and business i believe.

As competitive as a course like law is, my cousin was in a similar situation as you, she graduated last year but at the time made up for her grades with a stellar personal statement (on as grades BBC) prepare yourself as it may result in a rejection just because that D might drag you down and the nature of how selective law schools can be but it's definitely worth a try! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending