Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best way to surprise parents when coming home from uni early? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I have a reading week this week and my parents don't know I'm coming home tonight to surprise them. I'll be getting to my house at around midnight but have asked them if it's okay to call them then as I'll be 'coming home from the cinema with a friend that late after watching a horror movie and will be scared.' So they said that is fine which means they will still be up then

Is turning up at the house really the best way to go about things though? or should I send some snapchats as clues (yes my parents have and use snapchat..) like pictures of the bus, backpack, plane in sky and then Skype them at the airport or something?

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedBerry11)
    So basically I have a reading week this week and my parents don't know I'm coming home tonight to surprise them. I'll be getting to my house at around midnight but have asked them if it's okay to call them then as I'll be 'coming home from the cinema with a friend that late after watching a horror movie and will be scared.' So they said that is fine which means they will still be up then

Is turning up at the house really the best way to go about things though? or should I send some snapchats as clues (yes my parents have and use snapchat..) like pictures of the bus, backpack, plane in sky and then Skype them at the airport or something?

What would you do?

Turning up at the door would be the best surprise, just make sure they're in!

ReputationRep:

What would you do?
    It depends what your parents are like although im sure theyd be excited to see you either way
    Maybe put pictures as your snapchat story but dont snap them directly if you dont want to just turn up on the door
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sometimes surprises are best when they're... surprises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BekahMay)
    It depends what your parents are like although im sure theyd be excited to see you either way
    Maybe put pictures as your snapchat story but dont snap them directly if you dont want to just turn up on the door
    I was thinking of doing that although I'm not sure if they know how to see other people's stories, they're good with snapchat but not that good haha I might send them some general ones though, like not too obvious

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing that although I'm not sure if they know how to see other people's stories, they're good with snapchat but not that good haha I might send them some general ones though, like not too obvious
    Make sure you do have a plan for if they do happen to fall asleep, im guessing you must have keys of some sort but i know id be scared if i woke up to the sound of keys rattling in my front door

ReputationRep:
    Ring the bell. "Hi Mum, Dad. I'm back for a week. Surprise!" That's what normal people would do.

The rest just sounds weird.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno - they might think it's sexytime with you safely at the opposite end of the country... can you cope with bursting in on them if they're hard at it?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.