Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! few of my friends have been looking for places to live together next year and were wondering what is best, a house or halls again? we would be in second year and the houses are 20 minutes away from uni but can get the bus directly here. Just wanted to know what option is best, as a few of them want to stay on campus but are unsure.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a house is often much cheaper, not to mention much quieter. As you get into second year the work absolutely will go up and intensify, having flats next door who are mostly full of first years blasting music all the time I assure you will not help with your studies or during exam and assessments times.

I once actually missed a 9am exam because I had ****ty flatmates who kept me up til 5am, I was shattered. Nodded off when they finally shut up and woke up hours later having not heard my alarm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Getting a house is often much cheaper, not to mention much quieter. As you get into second year the work absolutely will go up and intensify, having flats next door who are mostly full of first years blasting music all the time I assure you will not help with your studies or during exam and assessments times.

I once actually missed a 9am exam because I had ****ty flatmates who kept me up til 5am, I was shattered. Nodded off when they finally shut up and woke up hours later having not heard my alarm.
    That sounds awful! taking this in to consideration I think I'll deffo go for the house instead thank you !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.