Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ACCA after university? Question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I am quite confused with what I am doing at the moment and so here is my question.

I am a 19 year old student at university in london doing a 4 year course degree in Accounting and Management with a year in industry. My course is mainly management although I will be doing modules in accounting in my second semester this year and next year. For my placement year I am thinking of getting an internship with PwC.
    PS- I could not enrol on a degree purely based on accounting modules (such as Accounting and Finance) because i did not know I would ever like accounting.

I really want to complete my ACCA but I just want to know if people usually take the ACCA exams after university, during or before it? I want to know what is best and if my degree could help me in any way in doing the ACCA. Also, I do understand that the minimum requirements are 3 GCSEs , plus 2 levels in different subjects.

My qualifications from college are:
    1. BTEC L2 in Business (eq. to 5 gcses)
    2. BTEC L3 in Business (eq. to 2 a levels)
    3. BTEC L3 in Finance (eq. to 1 a level)
    4. GCSE Maths - A
    5. GCSE English - B

My questions are:
    1. Can I start ACCA after graduation
    2. Could I get exemptions for some of the papers in ACCA
    3. At what age do most ACCA students complete it?
    4. How long does it take to complete the whole qualification (ACCA)?
    5. Is it true, when I apply for ACCA, they would look at my highest qualifications first?
    6. Does the fact that my degree is Accounting and Management and NOT Accounting or Accounting and Finance, have any effect on how long I can take to get ACCA or can it cause any problems?

The thing is I don't want to get like 27 year old man who's just gotten his ACCA.
    My calculations show that I will graduate university at age of 22 which means that if i take my ACCA for 3 years, I can have it at age of 25? Is that a good age?

& by the way, what are the average salaries of an ACCA qualified accountant like?

Hope someone can give me an answer to my questions. I will be very grateful.

ReputationRep:
    anyone ?

ReputationRep:
    All of your questions are answered on the website http://yourfuture.accaglobal.com/global/en.html

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.